PDA

View Full Version : Difference in Edgers

TNGrassCutter
04-28-2011, 10:39 PM
What is the difference in these edgers, the one that curves down and the one that curves up? Which one would you buy or would you buy a straight shaft?

Turf Dawg
04-29-2011, 08:07 AM
That is just the way the picture looks, they both curve the same witch is sideways [left to right]

GravyTrain
04-29-2011, 10:38 AM
I agree with TurfDawg, I think it's just the angle of the picture. For me, I've run a curved shaft edger since day 1 and see no reason to spend the extra on a straight shaft. For trimmers though, I'll never own a curved shaft.

wvaughn7
04-29-2011, 10:54 AM
The curved shaft normally spin the edger blade approximately twice the speed of a straight shaft. Personally the curved shaft works much better once the edge is established, and I do not see the point in buying the straight shaft just to define the edge for the first time. If you are wanting something for all around edging go with the curved shaft. If you are needing torque stay with a straight shaft one.

Exact Rototilling
04-29-2011, 07:00 PM
FWIW I bought the PAS 265 with the following: blade edger, string trimmer, brush blade, hedge trimmer. It just helps having back up string trimmer etc. more bases covered.

TNGrassCutter
04-29-2011, 08:41 PM
That's what I'm looking at for an edger a back up trimmer and maybe the pole saw later.
Posted via Mobile Device