PDA

View Full Version : Recent mulch job

TurnerLawn&Landscape
04-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Mulch job i was finally able to complete during this monsoon season in cincinnati! And a couple grass pics

TurnerLawn&Landscape
04-28-2011, 11:11 PM
more of the pictures

TurnerLawn&Landscape
04-28-2011, 11:14 PM
i have a hard time taking pictures from good angles, any suggestions? These are from my blackberry, think it makes a big difference if you use a digital camera?

Premier landscaping south
04-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Nice clean looking job my friend. Mulch looks great too.

TurnerLawn&Landscape
04-28-2011, 11:17 PM
some mowing pics, ground is soaked around here, the last pic is the view from my customer's backyard, that is the mighty Ohio River well above floodstage!

bobcat48
04-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Very nice work!

PlantscapeSolutions
04-29-2011, 08:52 PM
The tree's look a little volcano mulched. You shouldn't raise the mulch on the tree trunk more than about 1". You should always check the prior years decomposing mulch as well and factor that in. If the old mulched has built up then you need to pull it back from around the trunk prior to adding new mulch.

You do not want the native grade around the tree's to build up more and more every year. I do not see any root flare showing in the pictures which is usually a good indicator the native grade has been compromised.

Roots are able to tolerate soil around them but not the bark. Bark is nothing more then dead protective tissue. Once you rot off the bark you expose the living cambium layer and allow pathogens a direct path into the tree. We constantly have to do grade restoration work around tree's when we pick up new properties.

TurnerLawn&Landscape
05-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Plantscape all of the old much was removed prior to remulching......there was prolly 5" of mulch around the trees from the prior company failing to remove the old. Mulch is roughly 2" thick, and not more than an 1.5" on the trunk! Thanks for the input.