PDA

View Full Version : Second week of the season!

bigpappaab
04-29-2011, 01:32 AM
So this is my second week of my first season as a LCO. I have a few regular accounts now, and I am getting 1 to 2 calls a week for mowing accounts. I have been fighting tooth and nail to expand and grow, yet it has been a slow and steady battle, that is until yesterday..... Yesterday I got a call for a bid on two houses. One house was 3 acres, and the other was 1. I did some research on google maps before I met the Client for the bid, and holy cow were these some huge houses. The house on the 3 acre lot was 14,700 sq ft, and the other house was 12 thousand something. I met the client and walked both properties with him. I shook his hand and told him that I would email him my bid later tonight. After careful consideration, I submitted my bid of $450 per week for both of the properties. This morning he called me back and accepted my bid! Maybe to some of you guys out there $450 a week isnt anything to write home about, but to me that is enough cash to really grow my business!! Besides that, $450 is more cash then I have ever earned in one days work anywhere else.

Southern Pride
04-29-2011, 01:43 AM
That's awesome man. I just started my business last year (although I've been running companys for about 10 years) I knew I had what it took to have my own company easy. All I needed was the basics, and when I was running the other companys, I WAS THE COMPANY lol you know what I mean but congrats man. I started with 2-3 accounts last season and I'm right at about 30 regular customers now. 90% of it is who you know. Don't be lazy get on the phone and call everyone you know, friends, and family knows too. Advertising is good too but 250 flyers maybe equals 1 or 2 calls, no guarantees, but there is one thing I can promise you. If you keep this attitude you have right now, and do your customer list to fullest quality possible, everything else will fall into place and before you know you'll be wondering if you can do it all alone. As you gain customers and spend more time out in the field, and doing quality work that makes people notice, the more you will notice strangers coming to you asking for your card. So my point is keep your focus. It's easy to get sidetracked, especially when doing these lawns yourself, but if you keep your head right, stay in the game, and keep grinding out, the customers you want will come running. Wondering how you're going to get ALL the work you have coming in, done, is a good problem to have.

I was RIGHT in your same position this time last year. I took a 50% increase in customer base, equipment, etc. since then and now. Pretty good if you ask me. Anyway, you remind me of me, and my whole point is keep your attitude hungry, and your quality perfect EVERY TIME. Go the extra mile and do things for your customers to MAKE them respect and appreciate you. Like I said, you'll be surprised how quickly everything else will fall into place. Just my .02, and again, congrats bro.

Griffin

Big C
04-29-2011, 01:56 AM
$450.00 for 4 acres is great payup...I mow a 4 acres property for $200 per service....good luck with it!

bigpappaab
04-29-2011, 02:42 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Its hard work, but i wouldn't want to be doing anything else. Quality is the key. I always take my time and do the best I can to satisfy my customer. It feels good at the end of the day.
Posted via Mobile Device

bigpappaab
04-29-2011, 03:15 AM
The properties have some flower beds that I have to take care of, so that's why I'm charging more than if I was just mowing.
Posted via Mobile Device