PDA

View Full Version : anyone else getting this?

CLARK LAWN
04-29-2011, 10:39 AM
i have been getting calls/emails from people that wont tell me their address just give the the sqf of the lawn and want a price. i tell them i wont give a price without seeing it and that it as far as it goes. i have alway had a few do that in the past but this year it seems worse than ever.

Dogbonz
04-29-2011, 11:05 AM
I got a call the other day, wanting a price,, I said my smallest yard was $25, he asked if I was I had Insurance, then ask what size lawn would that be,, and I said well I'd have to see it to do a good bid, he then asked if it was liability ins,, I said, yes,, then he said, I'll get back to you, thanx. I then looked at the called ID,, ( which if I'd of done before the call, I would of answered WAY different) and it said blocked call.

Me thinks it was not a customer. :mad:

ecurbthims
04-29-2011, 01:33 PM
next time you get a call,that your fairly certain is a competitor,ask them how much they charge .I had a comercial garage,and got sick and tired of all the other garages calling me looking for my rate ,then I started asking them what their rate was and they stopped calling .

Exact Rototilling
04-29-2011, 01:39 PM
If a potential client wants a mowimg price based square footage....I don't want them as a client. Most of my time is spent on edging and trimming.
Posted via Mobile Device

Will P.C.
04-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Could be a competitor trying to get your rates?

Could be a client trying to get your rate so they can tell yard guy hat you will cut his grass for 20 dollars cheaper? Maybe trying to shake down his current yard man???

People are cheap with landscaping. It seems most homeowners cannot accept the fact they a yard cost money. They never seem to factor that price in with home ownership. I used to have people in .5 million dollar homes tell me to cut their bushes down the whole way so they don't have to worry about this expense for the next few years.

Of course, you should act professionally and offer to come out for an estimate, but if they say no, I doubt they are serious about having you do work for them

CLARK LAWN
04-30-2011, 11:27 PM
not one would give me anaddress to go look at, actually most of them have been women. how many women actgually know the exact sqf of their lawn, hell i dont know what the exact turf area of my own lawn is.

Southern Pride
04-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah, people are funny man. They think that by presenting is as sq ft will get the price down vs. seeing it for what it really is, which is probably somewhat true. If they don't bite, forget em. No skin off your nose.

topsites
05-01-2011, 12:22 AM
I find the comedy on the phone frustrating as well, but I just take it best I can.

THEGOLDPRO
05-01-2011, 01:18 AM
I had a guy call me and start asking me a ton of questions, such as how many guys work for you, how many yards do you mow,do i have insurance etc,etc, i was like yea i got a few guys who work for me, and i do a bunch of yards. It seemed weird as crap, he gave me an address and said its his dads house who is never home, so i never went and looked at it i just assumed it was another landscaper trying to feel me out and make me go on a wild goose chase.