View Full Version : 8 Acres, What price ?

04-29-2011, 02:47 PM
I had some one contact me to mow 8 acres, i have just mowed residental lots. So my question is what do i need to charge per acre to mow this land ?

04-29-2011, 03:00 PM
I'll ask the questions that are bound to come.

What kind of equipment do you have? There's a big difference between a 21" walk behind and a 72" Dixie Chopper.

What does the land look like? Is it flat with no trees? Is it hilly covered with trees every 2 feet?

How long is the grass, what kind of grass, etc? 2 foot tall grass is not as easy to mow as grass that was cut last week down to only 2".

04-29-2011, 03:09 PM
i have a kubota zd331 with 60 in cut, this land is flat with very few trees and with two ponds it.

The grass is about 6in tall with quite a bit off tall weeds mixed in.

04-29-2011, 03:33 PM
I'd aim for .65 a square yard if it's flat wide open mowing. But it all depends on (local) economy, competition, obstacles, terrain, degree of difficulty, possible future transactions, price of fuel, etc, etc.............

04-29-2011, 03:43 PM
oops, posted that before I saw your reply. The ponds are going to be the clincher. Without knowing how large or the banks and stuff, I'd probably just round it up to an even $300 if it's flat with minimal trees like you said. That ZD331 will not know the difference between the weeds and the grass.