PDA

View Full Version : 8 Acres, What price ?

Thelandsmen
04-29-2011, 02:47 PM
I had some one contact me to mow 8 acres, i have just mowed residental lots. So my question is what do i need to charge per acre to mow this land ?

GravyTrain
04-29-2011, 03:00 PM
I'll ask the questions that are bound to come.

What kind of equipment do you have? There's a big difference between a 21" walk behind and a 72" Dixie Chopper.

What does the land look like? Is it flat with no trees? Is it hilly covered with trees every 2 feet?

How long is the grass, what kind of grass, etc? 2 foot tall grass is not as easy to mow as grass that was cut last week down to only 2".

Thelandsmen
04-29-2011, 03:09 PM
i have a kubota zd331 with 60 in cut, this land is flat with very few trees and with two ponds it.

The grass is about 6in tall with quite a bit off tall weeds mixed in.

Aaronnc
04-29-2011, 03:33 PM
I'd aim for .65 a square yard if it's flat wide open mowing. But it all depends on (local) economy, competition, obstacles, terrain, degree of difficulty, possible future transactions, price of fuel, etc, etc.............

Aaronnc
04-29-2011, 03:43 PM
oops, posted that before I saw your reply. The ponds are going to be the clincher. Without knowing how large or the banks and stuff, I'd probably just round it up to an even $300 if it's flat with minimal trees like you said. That ZD331 will not know the difference between the weeds and the grass.