DCT
04-30-2011, 12:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxmVdUNADc4

Fun to watch, nice side by side look at some 2011 mowers

DaveWB
04-30-2011, 01:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxmVdUNADc4

Fun to watch, nice side by side look at some 2011 mowers

So how does Dixie call themselves the fastest mower? Is that with the deck on?

TNGrassCutter
04-30-2011, 02:15 AM
The exmark warm-up was the best. And how is it that the worlds fastest lawnmower, first zero turn ever, super duper Dixie chopper didn't have a rops?
Posted via Mobile Device

G. Ramey
04-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Well, I guess that settles the fastest mower issue. Now lets see the quality of cut side by side.

bc3xx0
04-30-2011, 04:54 AM
That chopper looked awful small in comparison.............

Rick90lx
04-30-2011, 06:01 AM
That chopper looked awful small in comparison.............

I was thinking the same thing. I noticed they didn't give any actual specs.

johnnybravo8802
04-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Well, that settles my Cheetah review where I said the Cheetah wouldn't win a drag race against the Super Z. The Cheetah felt considerably slower and didn't accelerate near as fast and that was obvious in the video. Now, we need to do hillside stability and include the turf tiger!!!:weightlifter:

JB1
04-30-2011, 08:08 AM
they are haveing lawn mower races at July 4 festival here and equipment dealer said having races like in the video also with six or seven brands, was wanting us to drive some of them, sounds like fun.

topsites
04-30-2011, 08:39 AM
They look like they're standing still.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
04-30-2011, 10:14 AM
When that chopper was bulit none them mowers was not around That chopper was made in the mid 90s How i know i still have one, same model
Not all dixie choppers are fast Some was made for mowing on hills and that one i say is a hill mower

MOHUSTLER
04-30-2011, 11:16 AM
ya thats a mid 90's dixie so dont even take that into concideration.

BUT GO HUSTLER!!!!!!!haha. you can see where it has the edge over the scag is in take off. The hustler has great power to the pumps and the scag takes a second to get going.

MONTE
04-30-2011, 11:20 AM
The Dixie is a mid to late 90's model either a flatlander or a xw chasis I could not tell on the decal on it but it is an old version for sure.

Dogbonz
04-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Had to lol at the Exmark racer and the end of the last race,,,,,

MOHUSTLER
04-30-2011, 11:49 AM

haha ya he really gained a few seconds on that timer. Thank god cause it was a close race.

demhustler
04-30-2011, 04:48 PM
no specs of machines - seems like little dc 10mph version and 27 hp against 37 hp of other brands
what exact model was dc? (no rops - could be something old; there wasn't ocdc in mid90-th - they come with ocdc came out in early 2000-th, isn't it? )

anyway, dc should pull their sht together, show actual speed numbers specs - all we have now is only questionable productivity ratings (which all depends on conditions...)

p.s. congrats to hustler

demhustler
04-30-2011, 05:23 PM
hustler made me proud - 15 mph industrial duty hydros - and 16 mph cheetah newer had a chance;
this hand speed shifter - Scag's stupid idea - guy been trying to use it (pict) - didn't worked in real race and not gonna work in real life either - they better learn from Husqvarna (with way smarter setup ...)
with equal hp and drivetrain efficiency, in the end of the race on the pavement, 16 mph cheeta needed 4-5 sec to catch up with 15 mph hustler - she had 6 sec after the turn - and newer made it...

Snyder's Lawn Inc
04-30-2011, 05:47 PM
no specs of machines - seems like little dc 10mph version and 27 hp against 37 hp of other brands
what exact model was dc? (no rops - could be something old; there wasn't ocdc in mid90-th - they come with ocdc came out in early 2000-th, isn't it? )

anyway, dc should pull their sht together, show actual speed numbers specs - all we have now is only questionable productivity ratings (which all depends on conditions...)

p.s. congrats to hustler

LOL That chopper has 25 hp when it was built that ws the biggest motor anybody had
They use to show speed in there spec. notice last 5 yrs they stop showing speed
My friend has a hustler 37 hp and he wanted to race my 2011 chopper 33hp
He talk it up and yes its fast but it cant mow clean cut at that speed

We race was a tied everytime so for tie breaker we race backwards
Will chopper goes 15 mph both ways unlike a Hustler its 15/8
We did another test the ride test at high speed we traded mowers
Im glad I have a chopper My friend said its ok that was it
But if I ever change brand would be a Hustler I would change the tires

djagusch
04-30-2011, 06:13 PM
The guy on the cheetah in the grass messed up one turn for sure.

Any video of them at top speed what the difference is?

Any gph on the 37hp kawi on the hustler? I bet it drinks it pretty fast with the engine/hydro combo.
Posted via Mobile Device

demhustler
04-30-2011, 07:25 PM
sure, with no specs - no real or fair comparison

but that's a good start - such events must have more publicity - than specs will be known from participants and organisers

looking forward to see also equal class (or top of the line) DC, BB (15 mph rated), Husqvarna (18 mph)

THEGOLDPRO
04-30-2011, 07:27 PM
The Exmark guy def did the best show in the beginning.

Chevy z71
04-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Sweet!!!!!!

demhustler
04-30-2011, 07:48 PM
The guy on the cheetah in the grass messed up one turn for sure.

Any video of them at top speed what the difference is?

Any gph on the 37hp kawi on the hustler? I bet it drinks it pretty fast with the engine/hydro combo.
Posted via Mobile Device

new cheetas on parking lots beeh measured with gps (several threads here) - 16 mph
hustler sz - 15 mph (specs)
p.s. on mixed race like this - horsepower and how its delivered by drivetain as a torque - wins

djagusch
04-30-2011, 07:54 PM
new cheetas on parking lots beeh measured with gps (several threads here) - 16 mph
hustler sz - 15 mph (specs)
p.s. on mixed race like this - horsepower and how its delivered by drivetain as a torque - wins

Side by side I would like to see the difference. Of course no tweaking of rpms from spec.

For the race thing. It doesn't work like that when mowing. You don't want or need super accel as it rips/tears the turf in certain conditions.
Posted via Mobile Device

RTR Landscaping
04-30-2011, 07:56 PM
I demo'd a Scag Cheetah and trust me, it is fast!! The nice thing is with the suspension, you hardly feel any bumps. Scag has really hit a home run with this one.

demhustler
04-30-2011, 08:02 PM

nothing funny, all runners do it - if they would measure by helmets or necks - it would give him extra tenth of the second, but if by front wheels .... at lest nobody would say he wasn't pushing it hard enough... : )))

that was laserZNext, 11.5 mph rated; jd-12mph; interesting how 12 mph laser z (two-tank model) would stand against jd (same rated speed, exmark- lighter)

demhustler
04-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Side by side I would like to see the difference. Of course no tweaking of rpms from spec.

For the race thing. It doesn't work like that when mowing. You don't want or need super accel as it rips/tears the turf in certain conditions.
Posted via Mobile Device

actually - results with tearing grass pretty similar to results without (tearing turf doesn't help much - not on the mowers, it's not like with bikes : ))))
reminds me our racing old new sz (15mph) vs. frontmount grasshopper (slightly modified, about 13 mph) - on 30-40 yards back-and-force race sz doesn't had a chance to use his speed fully - when frontmount turns on the dime - midmount slides through or has to slow down far ahead, then trying to catch up - time to slow down for next u-turn...
results been similar with or without turf damage
ps. pict - slightly modified GH (wheels slightly oversized, fenders had to go), code name Crazy Cow - now belongs to landscaping crews - removed off grasscut duty due to nasty character - if you not nice to her - she becomes very unsafe to ride, does crazy front wheelies (stoppies) - can throw you out and run you over (literally) ... : )))))

WREBELMACHINE
04-30-2011, 09:17 PM
There is an old thread on here somewhere that was labeled drag race. It had the Xtreme 3360 Dixie against a hustler super z and a bladerunner. The hustler beat the dixie every time easily. I was there and watched it.

Turf Dawg
05-01-2011, 12:49 AM
The Exmark guy def did the best show in the beginning.

I agree, but he did blow a anti-scalp wheel off. And I thought my Super Z was bad about breaking anti-scalp wheels [well if that would have been a XR-7 deck one or two might have broke off] :laugh::laugh::laugh:

THEGOLDPRO
05-01-2011, 01:09 AM
I agree, but he did blow a anti-scalp wheel off:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That was the breather cover on the air filter lol not the scalp wheel.

Razorblades
05-01-2011, 01:40 AM
I demo'd a Scag Cheetah and trust me, it is fast!! The nice thing is with the suspension, you hardly feel any bumps. Scag has really hit a home run with this one.

But the mower deck will still feel the bumps. so it seems like the suspension platform would not really allow any faster cutting than the non suspension platform models, because regardless of how you are isolated from all of the bumps (on rough, bumpy ground ) the rest of the mower, including the mower deck will be reacting to all of those bumps. We all know what kind of a cut a bouncing deck will leave.

Turf Dawg
05-01-2011, 12:06 PM
That was the breather cover on the air filter lol not the scalp wheel.

:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead: I went back and watched and it was easy to see that it was the cover. I just ass/u/me/d that it was a anti-scalp wheel, because when I see something black go shooting off my XR-7 it is the scalp wheels :laugh::laugh:

demhustler
05-01-2011, 12:53 PM
But the mower deck will still feel the bumps. so it seems like the suspension platform would not really allow any faster cutting than the non suspension platform models, because regardless of how you are isolated from all of the bumps (on rough, bumpy ground ) the rest of the mower, including the mower deck will be reacting to all of those bumps. We all know what kind of a cut a bouncing deck will leave.

or loose or get reed off deck lift assist springs: any bump - hard or smooze causes acceleration of front wheels in vertical dimension, canceling g-force which holds deck down and causes deck jump-up on springs and than to fall down smashing against the frame and deck height system when stopped by chains
my springs are loose almost completely - deck bouncing and hits reduced dramatically - allowing to go trough the bumps smoother and faster takes more effort to rise a deck - but not much (it awkward on hustler with or without springs : ))))
on the wright standers engine on the floating deck and rubber isolators (pict)allows go through uneven terrain without slowing down and deck flipflopping and smashing like in conventional set-ups
DC put springs over-the shocks to reduce deck bouncing (pict)
on exmark and toro simple rubber hose (pict) acts like spring and pushes deck height adjustment lever in opposite to stock direction - preventing deck lock-up in up-position by itself (now it only locks-up if operator want it and pushes lever to the left)

Mickhippy
05-01-2011, 08:37 PM
What was the Scag doing? Was he starting off in low, then changing to high? If thats correct, I was sooo wrong about 2 speed system! The Hustler had it from the get go!

Good to have a side by side look at the SZ and Scag. Lots of other things to consider like weight, hill side, ride, cut quality in various conditions, turf damage etc though!

Interesting!

djagusch
05-01-2011, 08:51 PM

It needs to be really bumpy ground for the deck to bounce like you describe here. A park system I mowed I could go flat out with a super z without deck bounce 99% of the time. Operator bounces around more as they weigh less than the deck. The platform keeps operator comfort up so they are fresh the whole day. Just how it stops the jaring of the back (up/down) will do great things for productivity.

I see the first gear being used as a speed control. 1st gear for most small to mid size properties besides any transport. 2nd gear for open areas/large properties (think school grounds).
Posted via Mobile Device

djagusch
05-01-2011, 09:04 PM
What was the Scag doing? Was he starting off in low, then changing to high? If thats correct, I was sooo wrong about 2 speed system! The Hustler had it from the get go!

Good to have a side by side look at the SZ and Scag. Lots of other things to consider like weight, hill side, ride, cut quality in various conditions, turf damage etc though!

Interesting!

I would say the operator was wrong on the whole shifting thing, trying to get cute. He should of left it in high and worry about his cornering speed than shifting.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOHUSTLER
05-02-2011, 10:16 AM
I am glad someone posted this vid, And to think that the super Z is only using 18% of thier pumps capacity. Thoes pumps are probably yawning saying "give me a real challenge"