PDA

View Full Version : Landscaping stair project

greenclawz
04-30-2011, 08:21 AM
I just finished a stair project It was a challenge, first I built a concrete set of stairs using sleepers to form and steel, Then I cladded with sandtone tiles. I used hardwood auzzie sleepers for the wall up the side and hardwwod post and handrail and sanded it all and varnished with marine grade poly.
The fall on the stairs and landings was fun given they veer off in a different direction from the existing stairs. It get you scratching your head allowing for the stone also on top, keeping the treads uniform.
I hope you enjoy, please go to the pictures section or my website to view

www.cpricelandscapes.com :gmctruck:

YardGal
06-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Just a suggestion - your project sounds like it could be a great entry for the Extreme Dream contest - .....You could win a new skid steer....Go to www.newholland.com or click on any of the Extreme Dream 2011 banner ads here on lawnsite.com to enter. Three winners will get a trip to GIE+Expo in Louisville, Kentucky, where a grand prize winner will be announced. The winner’s project will also get featured in Turf/Landscape & Hardscape Design Build and here on LawnSite, so enter today!!