PDA

View Full Version : Referral Fees

Rockwell Landscaping
04-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Alright, I'm getting ready to change my whole format. I'm a solo who does anything and everything when it comes to landscaping. I want to focus strictly on maintenance and refer my clients to someone else when it comes to installs. Can I expect a referral fee from the company I refer them to if they get the job?

Dr.NewEarth
04-30-2011, 02:21 PM
That does happen.

Will your demographic support an additional cost of say 10% on what they would normally pay for the job done by some-one who works in a niche market or who normally offers that particular service any-ways?

The subcontractor could price themselves out of the market right now if you add
your piece to the pie.

This works out better when the economy is stronger. Although, you know what your demographic will accept better than me.

Dr.NewEarth
04-30-2011, 02:28 PM
I should add that property management companies get away with adding a handling fee to their clients costs when they call up a roofer, or a plumber etc.

The PM's already get a set amount for doing the work any-ways, but they have
worked it out in their industry so that they scrape bonuses for alot of stuff that should be part of their normal work load.

An HOA has no choice but to accept the bids as they are given by the PM.
The repair company could be working in partnership with the PM and know the lowest bid to get the job. That's why some HOA get the bids on their own. They can come in lower that way.