PDA

View Full Version : !/2 HP Blade Grinder

Scott's Lawn Maintenance
04-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Do this grinders have enough power to sharpen 3 sets of blades , two to three times per week ? I have been using a angle grinder for years but have been considering purchasing the rbg 2181 which gives you the ability to sharpen up to a 9 1/2 in. depth . I'am not looking to spend $ 1000 on a magnamatic and want to get away from the angle grinder . Thanks Scott.

LaLawnGuy
04-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Magnamatic 9000 is 624 shipped from McHenry Power (eBay), I've bought a lot from them and they're great. 3\4 HP. Phenomenal machine.
Posted via Mobile Device

watatrp
04-30-2011, 08:33 PM
The RBG has more than enough power to sharpen blades. I've used one for about 8 years now. I can sharpen a blade in about 90 seconds. I'm still on my original wheel.

Landscape Poet
04-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Do this grinders have enough power to sharpen 3 sets of blades , two to three times per week ? I have been using a angle grinder for years but have been considering purchasing the rbg 2181 which gives you the ability to sharpen up to a 9 1/2 in. depth . I'am not looking to spend $ 1000 on a magnamatic and want to get away from the angle grinder . Thanks Scott.

I got the Bradly one from ebay for like $200 - does the job for me - I go through two different mowers - 5 blades - everyday. Keeping my blades in excellent shape is my new obsession since getting it several months ago.

It may not be the magnamatic - but for the cost difference it has made a chore I once dreaded doing to something I look forward to with a new positive outlook

Whatever brand you decide to get will make you have a new outlook on this much need chore.

Scott's Lawn Maintenance
05-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Magnamatic 9000 is 624 shipped from McHenry Power (eBay), I've bought a lot from them and they're great. 3\4 HP. Phenomenal machine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Looks like a great grinder except is dosn't have the ability to sharpen wavy mulch blades, only flat straight blades .

Magna-Matic
05-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Hello All,

That is correct the MAG-9000 cannot do the wavy blades, but neither can any of the other brands. So in that regard there is not a direct difference.

The ONLY sharpener in the industry to maintain the same angle along a wavy mulching blade is the Magna-Matic MAG-8000.

Also remember the MAG-9000 comes with the grit guard and vac attachment, tools to change the wheel, and does not require dressing or a dressing tool.

The MAG-9000 does not have any restriction on the cutting edge length like the RBG and others. In other words you can sharpen any length cutting edge.

Thank you,