PDA

View Full Version : Need to find remanufactered engine company

derbyd137
04-30-2011, 08:13 PM
I have a Kawasaki fc420v on my Bobcat walk behind. It's doing the job but is starting to sound a bit unhealthy. I have been seaching around the internet looking for a small engine remanufacter and cant seen to come up with anything. Can anyone lead me to a good priced company?

Thanks
Karl
http://www.straightlinelawn.com

topsites
04-30-2011, 11:08 PM
The thing with these engines is the entire engine and the parts are made to such exacting and rigorous specifications
that by the time it's all said and done, it costs almost as much for a remanufactured than a new one.

And you might be in luck...

http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/catalog/kawasaki/vertical/fc420v.html

derbyd137
04-30-2011, 11:19 PM
I bought the machine used. I heard it run. It sounded good. It ran good. It's a 2001 Bobcat hydro walk behind that I got for 600 bucks. The first thing I did when I got it home was complete tune up, change all fluids, change all filters grease everything, Power wash and just made everything sqeeky clean and as new as I could. I have now cut around 15 lawns with it and I fear it may not last out the summer.

grassman177
04-30-2011, 11:21 PM
he did answer your question, they arent available and neither are parts.

derbyd137
04-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Ya I suppose he did.

derbyd137
04-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Oh by the way topsites. Thanks for the link. Thats exactly what I was looking for. 600 bucks for the machine 700 bucks for a new engine 1300 bucks investment. Im ok with that.

topsites
04-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Well...
I am sorry I mis-read your post at first but I also did think you meant the engine was bad...

The things is...
It could be a lot of other things making an awful noise, and I'm not saying that
it makes what's coming easy but I am saying it may not be the engine at all.

It could, for example, be a belt-driven pulley that's got a bearing going bad making that racket.
Just an example, this of course would be peachy because all of $25 or so set you straight,
the labor is another story thou.

Anyhow, I would take some time and give it a good looking over for starters.

derbyd137
04-30-2011, 11:56 PM
Ya know that thought did cross my mind. I suppose I will disconnect the drive belt and check that out. I mean the engine has power and runs smooth. Theres just an unusual noise thats concerning. Plus it seems to be slowly leaking oil on to the deck from somewhere. Not real bad but just enough that dust is collecting on it and I can see it.