PDA

View Full Version : What A Week!!!!

SouthSide Cutter
04-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Glad this weeks over. Worst I have seen. Grass was thick, tall and wet. Wind was a blowing. Mowers had to have the grass and mud scraped off them. Shingles you name it in the yards. Just what are the chances of another round of weather like that!!!!! At least we can mow compared to the poor people down south.

gebby
04-30-2011, 09:07 PM
I second all of that !! about 4 weeks we'll be looking for some rain. Not today though.

topsites
04-30-2011, 10:36 PM
That's the nature of this business, somewhat unfortunately you have to grab it while it's there...
And I say unfortunately because in quantity it is hard work and wouldn't it be nice if we could spread it out,
but I am telling you, grab that money while it's there or else it's gone.

Scag413
04-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Southside cutter, I agree! It was a terrible week to mow. Hopefully, you didn't get hung up any did you? I almost did a few times but got lucky I guess. I don't want this much rain again in one week!

SouthSide Cutter
05-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Guess I should have kept my mouth shut. Everything is flooded again and next week looks like another wash. I didn't get hung up but would have if I used my big mower with turf tires. Used my TC all week with the AT 101's and they are amazing, but if you do spin them they do a dandy job on the grass.

Smallaxe
05-01-2011, 09:52 PM
We got to mow a few blades of grass yesterday... Still working on yesterday's 40 MPH East wind leaves, by using today's 45 mph West wind... Next month we look forward to a couple more blades of grass to mow... :)

350yddr
05-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Our 1st week back at it, Month to date rain 7.18" normal is 3.48". Last year we were cutting 2 wks earlier. Keeping it all in perspective, praying for the folks down south.

madisonpressurewashing
05-02-2011, 02:52 AM
Yes, I think there going to be more bad news from Alabama. Maybe many more dead here to be reported over the next few days. I did some clean up today.

Smallaxe
05-02-2011, 02:59 AM
Yes, I think there going to be more bad news from Alabama. Maybe many more dead here to be reported over the next few days. I did some clean up today.

We feel for you guys, Hang in there...