PDA

View Full Version : B&L Lawn Services equitment

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 02:41 AM
I am 14 years old and expanded this year and got new exmark vantage.

Z-master man
05-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Nice! How many accts do you do? What do you pull the trailer with?

bobcat48
05-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Very nice equipment,great looking setup!

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Nice! How many accts do you do? What do you pull the trailer with?

I have around 13 accounts, with going to school thats about the max. And we pull have the trailer with a F350 Powerstroke Diesel.

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Very nice equipment,great looking setup!

Thank you! I love the exmark so far!

SNAPPER MAN
05-01-2011, 12:39 PM
I guess your getting to old to walk lmao.
Posted via Mobile Device

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 12:41 PM
I guess your getting to old to walk lmao.
Posted via Mobile Device

About to old! haha

orlawncaresvc
05-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Are you another one of those guys with big mowers for just a couple of accounts? I really don't get you guys with going out and buying these big expensive mowers for just 13 lawns.
Posted via Mobile Device

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Are you another one of those guys with big mowers for just a couple of accounts? I really don't get you guys with going out and buying these big expensive mowers for just 13 lawns.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am 14 I go to school and its our money so dont worry about "us people" settle down

Mowingkid35
05-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with that. Why spend so much money right away for just 13 accounts?? You could get by with a used mower or a nice walk behind for half the cost and give yourself more income for when you get bigger and actually NEED the equipment.

orlawncaresvc
05-01-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry if I offended you man. I think it's awsome that your're a little kid trying to mow grass. It's just that there are so many guys on here that want to go out and buy these big Zts but it's only for just a couple of lawns. They only mow half of the year, they complain about the lousy pay that customers pay and then they realize that they can't afford those nice big Zts. For the size of mowers you got there where we are located, guys here are handling 50-120 accounts. Esta bein way.

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 01:30 PM
I agree with that. Why spend so much money right away for just 13 accounts?? You could get by with a used mower or a nice walk behind for half the cost and give yourself more income for when you get bigger and actually NEED the equipment.

I would rather buy nice equitment that will last a long time and our family has plenty of money. I posted pictures of my equitment thats all so you guys quit giving me crap, I have 2 hours after school to mow.

Southern Pride
05-01-2011, 02:50 PM
I LOVE those vantages. That's awesome a 14 year old kid working his but off and paid for a $7000 exmark vantage. How long did it take you to get that mower paid for?

I see you say "we" have a bunch of money so wondering if you actually worked for it, or if mom and daddy bought her?

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 03:12 PM
I LOVE those vantages. That's awesome a 14 year old kid working his but off and paid for a $7000 exmark vantage. How long did it take you to get that mower paid for?

I see you say "we" have a bunch of money so wondering if you actually worked for it, or if mom and daddy bought her?

I love the vantage too so far. I started this business with a jacobson push mower. Then my dad gave me his little ariens zoom if I would mow our lawn the whole summer. After two years of mowing with the ariens I had almost made enough to buy the vantage, I then sold my dirtbike so I had plenty of money to buy it!

deerewashed
05-01-2011, 04:03 PM
i could do 13 lawns with a 36wb, if you got a 36 tthp you would of saved a couple grand, that couple grand could of beens saved for a truck as seeing you cant drive....oh also when i said 36 tthp that is still pushing it for 13 lawns.

deerewashed
05-01-2011, 04:04 PM
also your lawn better be over 4 acres, no way you can pay it off by mowing just one lawn for one season.....

KE-llc
05-01-2011, 04:16 PM
guys you're missing it. this is a hobby for him, his parents have money and want little Jonny to only have the best.
Posted via Mobile Device

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 06:06 PM
also your lawn better be over 4 acres, no way you can pay it off by mowing just one lawn for one season.....

I mowed 4 lawns with the ariens and get over your self your all jealous and I live in suburbs of colorado which the lawns are like 3 acres

thelawnman
05-01-2011, 06:09 PM
No one is jealous of you this ppl have way bigger stuff on there hands.

Schrock Lawns
05-01-2011, 06:14 PM
looks good sweet vantage i relly want a grandstand

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 06:51 PM
No one is jealous of you this ppl have way bigger stuff on there hands.

I posted pictures up to show my equitment not to have people be all over me for only having 13 accounts. I GO TO SCHOOL for almost 7 hours than only can mow for two after. maybe when im out of high school I can expand. I think I am goin to quit this forum cause people are gettin mad but I go to school

dvgross
05-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Right on Luke, keep up the good work. That equipment is sure to get you a lot more accounts. Can you please post some pics of the work that Vantage does? I am looking into buying a stander soon, but not sure which one yet. Have an Exmark Viking now, and love it. My wife and I went to Colorado State, Go Rams!

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Right on Luke, keep up the good work. That equipment is sure to get you a lot more accounts. Can you please post some pics of the work that Vantage does? I am looking into buying a stander soon, but not sure which one yet. Have an Exmark Viking now, and love it. My wife and I went to Colorado State, Go Rams!

Yes I will post some pictures up of the work she does. Go rams is right!

georgiagrass
05-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Is it just too difficult for some of you to be positive role models and have something nice to say? This guy clearly doesn't have to work, but is choosing to do something productive with his spare time. Instead of sitting on his butt and playing video games, he's out there running a small business. If he got some help from his parents, good for them. I applaud you, young man, and I wish you success with your business.

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Is it just too difficult for some of you to be positive role models and have something nice to say? This guy clearly doesn't have to work, but is choosing to do something productive with his spare time. Instead of sitting on his butt and playing video games, he's out there running a small business. If he got some help from his parents, good for them. I applaud you, young man, and I wish you success with your business.

Thank you very much. I see you have a walker, where are you located? I am in Fort Collins, CO where walker originated. Thank you again man!

deerewashed
05-01-2011, 09:18 PM
you caught me i am jealous, but we are all trying to help you, a 36 vantage was not a smart purchase for your biss. a wb would of saved you money thats all i am gonna say.

deerewashed
05-01-2011, 09:20 PM
i am VERY suprised goldpro hasnt said a word about this yet, all i am going to say kid is be ready.......

Schrock Lawns
05-01-2011, 09:23 PM
i am VERY suprised goldpro hasnt said a word about this yet, all i am going to say kid is be ready.......

haaaaaaa:laugh::laugh::laugh::hammerhead:

Mowerboy04
05-01-2011, 09:24 PM
got to be nice to have rich parrents:dizzy:

rfed32
05-01-2011, 09:29 PM
hey man what doesnt break you makes u stronger. not going to lie im 24 years old and i only have a 36in...i do enough lawns to keep me busy after my job and im not pushing the limits if you can get the money to pay for it go for it. your 14 you have two more years to save up for a truck so now that you have a bigger mower make sure your smart with your money...if you invest ur money in the right places youll be fine and as a heads up do not rely on the rentals for money b.c some day they wont be there to pay for everything good luck with it

jsslawncare
05-01-2011, 09:33 PM

I started when I was 10. My brother and I had 2 push mowers, It was all we could do to pick them up and put them in my Moms 1970 oldsmobile. And, yes we would drive all over the neighborhood. No one called the police for under age driving. They just wanted their grass cut. I'm proud for you, and good luck.

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 09:35 PM

O im soo scared that goldpro may post something on a website that you guys can't get to any of my personal info and I live hunderds of miles away from like anyone.

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 09:36 PM
I started when I was 10. My brother and I had 2 push mowers, It was all we could do to pick them up and put them in my Moms 1970 oldsmobile. And, yes we would drive all over the neighborhood. No one called the police for under age driving. They just wanted their grass cut. I'm proud for you, and good luck.

Thank you. I hope it keeps going well.

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 09:39 PM
you caught me i am jealous, but we are all trying to help you, a 36 vantage was not a smart purchase for your biss. a wb would of saved you money thats all i am gonna say.

Ok maybe if you lived in the outskirts of Fort Collins Colorado you would know that a vantage 36inch is perfect. Once again my money stop telling me its the wrong purchase I did my resarch and have friends that have successful lawn care buss. That I got the info from

Schrock Lawns
05-01-2011, 10:23 PM
luke most people on here are jelous of kids that are under 16 setup if they have a nicer setup of them when they were young or a setup nicer then theirs now. anyway nice equipment

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 10:34 PM
luke most people on here are jelous of kids that are under 16 setup if they have a nicer setup of them when they were young or a setup nicer then theirs now. anyway nice equipment

Thanks man I like your set-up too! I think mow this year and try to make what you have work. Or just get a nice push mower and next year get that grandstand! I have the exmark vantage they almost look the same I love the vantage though!

Southern Pride
05-01-2011, 11:17 PM
I love the vantage too so far. I started this business with a jacobson push mower. Then my dad gave me his little ariens zoom if I would mow our lawn the whole summer. After two years of mowing with the ariens I had almost made enough to buy the vantage, I then sold my dirtbike so I had plenty of money to buy it!

That's what I like to hear. I cannot stand these young kids who have had everything handed to them. You can tell their general attitude is off and they expect everything to still be handed to them throughout life. Granted your father gave you a fairl expensive ztr, you worked for years to buy another one that you needed. I would kill for an exmark vantage. I ended up picking up hydro toro proline 48 so I don't really need a vantage, but dang sure want one. Maybe in the future though!

Griffin

Southern Pride
05-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Also, on a side note, you middle-aged, jealous, jackoffs quit rappin on the kid for "purchasing the wrong machine". Seriously, it's a blessing that he has the freaking thing. He would be no better off with a 36" turftracer, metro, scag, than he is right now. It honestly makes NO difference AT ALL if he had one or the other. The fact is he just happens to have the one that costs more than your truck, and THAT IS A GOOD THING. So, lay off the kid. He seems to have his head on right, and trying to LEARN and SHARE.

Sorry kid, as much as I love this site in general, you'll soon realize it's filled with a bunch of middle aged morons. They hate on me for having a lifted Z71 and say it's not a real truck and that I need a 1 ton truck to pull around a couple mowers? No logic. Anyway, Keep it up though son and don't let the few discourage you from continuing to post your work and equipment.

-Griffin

deerewashed
05-01-2011, 11:32 PM
kid ive got respect for what your doin, i did the same thing, all i am saying is that what you can do with a vantage can be done with a large walk behind as you are saying the properties are 3 acres. i started with a 1990 bobcat 54" walk behind, saved up and got a 48" bobcat wb. i am still using it today and have been saving up for my dream truck that i will be buying this summer. you are 14 and when you turn 16 trust me you are going to want a truck!!!! with 13 accounts you are going to want to save every penny you got to get a truck, and a truck is how your biss will really get started! i am not trying to bash you or anything even if it sounds like i am, it is just to some people when you say your dad bought you your zoom, they think he bought the vantage, and he is going to give you the f-350. i am ranting now, sorry if i pissed you off, really tryed not too.....

deerewashed
05-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Also, on a side note, you middle-aged, jealous, jackoffs quit rappin on the kid for "purchasing the wrong machine". Seriously, it's a blessing that he has the freaking thing. He would be no better off with a 36" turftracer, metro, scag, than he is right now. It honestly makes NO difference AT ALL if he had one or the other. The fact is he just happens to have the one that costs more than your truck, and THAT IS A GOOD THING. So, lay off the kid. He seems to have his head on right, and trying to LEARN and SHARE.

Sorry kid, as much as I love this site in general, you'll soon realize it's filled with a bunch of middle aged morons. They hate on me for having a lifted Z71 and say it's not a real truck and that I need a 1 ton truck to pull around a couple mowers? No logic. Anyway, Keep it up though son and don't let the few discourage you from continuing to post your work and equipment.

-Griffin

your truck is sexy, just sayin........:cool2:

lukepais15
05-01-2011, 11:34 PM

-Griffin

I got to look at that truck of yours and it is a nice truck! Hey man thanks a lot I really appreciate you standing up for me! I will defenatly keep in touch with you and you will be my main man for questions! Thanks a ton man!

Schrock Lawns
05-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks man I like your set-up too! I think mow this year and try to make what you have work. Or just get a nice push mower and next year get that grandstand! I have the exmark vantage they almost look the same I love the vantage though!

i could get it this year if i relly wanted to but i know if i get one the same thing thats happening to you will happen to me

deerewashed
05-01-2011, 11:41 PM
you may not want to respond to whatever i say but one more thing, live life, have fun, and be a teen, my saying is the three b's:

booze
boats
and broads

lukepais15
05-02-2011, 12:55 AM
i could get it this year if i relly wanted to but i know if i get one the same thing thats happening to you will happen to me

What happend to me? If its the people giving crap tp us forget it its a website do what you want to do but be sure to post pictures I want to look at it!

Southern Pride
05-02-2011, 01:16 AM
deerewashed and lukepais,
Thanks for the compliments on the truck. Had it since I was 15 and have no intention of selling.

Lukepais, just a thought but when you do turn 16 these Chevrolet trucks are awesome. You can land one like mine for 3 or 4 grand easy. They're very very reliable. Had mine 9 years, been great.

deerewashed
05-02-2011, 01:20 AM
let me just say my truck is gonna have an american flag hangin off the rear for the next week or too, yours should too.....

grincon
05-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Nice vantage!

Southern Pride
05-02-2011, 03:12 AM
let me just say my truck is gonna have an american flag hangin off the rear for the next week or too, yours should too.....

That's not a bad idea.

lukepais15
05-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Here are a few lawns I did today

bobcat48
05-04-2011, 08:20 PM
looks great,nice stripes!

deerewashed
05-04-2011, 09:01 PM
what are you cutting at? those lawns dont look like they grow much, if you wait 2 weeks and cut it at about 3.5 to 4 inches you will get a much nicer stripe. other than that the lines looks straight.

What are you cutting at now?

flyingdutch16
05-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Wow kid im impressed. dont let these guys tell you what to do and what not to do. Just do what ever you want. I understand that you bought a vantage due to having 13 account and only having so much time after school. I have the same problem(except i only cut 7 lawns and im 16 lol). Keep up the good work very impressed.

lukepais15
05-05-2011, 01:06 AM
what are you cutting at? those lawns dont look like they grow much, if you wait 2 weeks and cut it at about 3.5 to 4 inches you will get a much nicer stripe. other than that the lines looks straight.

What are you cutting at now?

Yeah I have some customers that are tight and they wont let us turn the sprinklers on till another week or two but the lawns I did today are greener! I was cutting at 3 1/4.

lukepais15
05-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Wow kid im impressed. dont let these guys tell you what to do and what not to do. Just do what ever you want. I understand that you bought a vantage due to having 13 account and only having so much time after school. I have the same problem(except i only cut 7 lawns and im 16 lol). Keep up the good work very impressed.

Hey man thanks I bet 7 is about all you can do being solo and having tons of hw. I have a guy that works for me and he also can drive my ass around haha

flyingdutch16
05-05-2011, 07:20 AM
I could do one or two more, but all the lawns here are about 1 acre so they take me about 1 hr each. Plus i cant drive yet soon but not yet. So all my customers are in my neighborhood.
Posted via Mobile Device

lukepais15
05-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Just thought I would take a picture since I was in a good place

FinerCutslawnCare
05-13-2011, 12:32 AM
Mower doesn't look like is stripes very good, but then again the yards to look to be in to of condition at the moment. I have been thinking about gettina vantage for awhile. I think it would be a great machine. You already have someone working for you!?!?! Yes I do realize that not being old enough to drive has to be a pain, and I am sure you also probably have to put the diesel back in the tank, is it one of your parents that help you out, or an actual friend/employee? Congrats to you for starting so young, I started when I was around your age.

lukepais15
05-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Mower doesn't look like is stripes very good, but then again the yards to look to be in to of condition at the moment. I have been thinking about gettina vantage for awhile. I think it would be a great machine. You already have someone working for you!?!?! Yes I do realize that not being old enough to drive has to be a pain, and I am sure you also probably have to put the diesel back in the tank, is it one of your parents that help you out, or an actual friend/employee? Congrats to you for starting so young, I started when I was around your age.

Its a buddy thats helping out. And it does pretty good striping I will have to get new pictures tomarrow and resize them haha. How old are you man?

cookslandscaping18
05-13-2011, 10:41 PM
looks good you are doing a good job. Also don't listen to everybody that just wish they could have one i think the more professional you can make your company the better off you are and if you take it serious like you do then you prob are doing professional job these guys are to scared to reinvest any of there money.

PL&L
05-24-2011, 03:56 PM
oh wow:laugh: