PDA

View Full Version : What do you do about locked gates

KINGMADE
05-01-2011, 03:08 AM
When I find a locked gate and no one home I usually do the front yard and call and let them know that their back yard is locked and that if I am in the neighborhood again before their next mow, that I will stop by and mow it. But here is my question. If I never get the chance to stop back by, do you still charge them full price?

Stillwater
05-01-2011, 03:22 AM
fix and resolve the issue buy them giving you access to the key for when you mow. for an occasionally locked gate the billing is what it is.

jsslawncare
05-01-2011, 08:36 AM
fix and resolve the issue buy them giving you access to the key for when you mow. for an occasionally locked gate the billing is what it is.

Sounds like a GOOD plan. That's what I did.

RonB
05-01-2011, 08:49 AM
If it's a chain link fence just loosen the top post hinge.

JShip
05-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Mower: 2010 Scag Tiger Cub

Question: I''m looking for aftermarket fuel caps with gauges. Any suggestions on where to find them. I don't believe Scag offers them.

JShip

PROCUT1
05-01-2011, 10:08 AM
When I find a locked gate and no one home I usually do the front yard and call and let them know that their back yard is locked and that if I am in the neighborhood again before their next mow, that I will stop by and mow it. But here is my question. If I never get the chance to stop back by, do you still charge them full price?

After the first time. It costs a couple bucks. Give them a combination lock. Then you dont have to worry about keys and such.

I would make an exception the first time but after that...Yes...Charge the full amount. The major expense in mowing a lawn is the travel, load, unload time.