PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Service Discounts - Ideas

jada86
05-01-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm not a real fan of discounting lawn service contracts, but am thinking of running a 30 day special. Anyone have any type of discount they offered and drove clients to your door? If you do, how did you advertise the discount?

Also, was wondering how everyone feels about coupons? If you are offering coupons/discounts, what are you offering - set price off a service, % discount, free service with purchase? What is the format of your coupons and how are they delivered?

205mx
05-03-2011, 11:21 AM
I offer some deals like these. Mainly neighbor discounts. Almost like a referal; say if you refer 2 clients- every time I cut all three yards- I take $5 off of the original clients price. Seems to work ok.
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenI.A.
05-03-2011, 10:47 PM
I don't mow, but with fert and insect controlls I offer 10% off any add on service. So if a customer is on a fert program they can get 10% off on mosquito spray or Flea & tick etc. I also offer a referral program, this has been very successful for me, I give $20 off the total yearly price for any referal that signs up for a yearly program. The important thing is that all referals come off of the the last payment and work forward, so that if either party (the existing customer or new customer) cancels then the referal wont be applied