PDA

View Full Version : Custom Mounting a Toro Striping Kit - Help!

Homer14
05-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Hello,

I bought a Toro Turbo Force striping kit (model 108-2162) per instruction from a lawn mower repair shop friend that it was the right part for my Toro Z-Master (model 74410).

And, it was the wrong part to get because my particular deck was one level down from the Turbo Force. So... I still want to mount this sucker and need some help.

I have the 7 gauge deck, not the stamped lesser deck in that some other z-master models were sold with. I looked at everything and read the instructions several times. The only thing that seems to be missing are the two deck mounts sticking out backward from the desk that the striping roller kit mounts to. I will just make them and weld them on but I need to know a couple of things..

Can anyone with a turbo force deck and a striping kit (hopefully the same 108-2162 kit) look at those two mounts and let me know where the bolt holes are in relation to the top of the deck and the back edge of the deck?

For example, the hole is 1/2 inch below the top flush of the deck and the hole is 3/4 inch outward from the back of the deck.

This will give me enough information to approximately built two steel mounts and weld them onto the deck in the same area. After that I believe the rest will bolt up and mount per instructions and looking at it.

Appreciate the help!