PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Richie@
05-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Hello folks,

I am new to this forum an happy to be amongst professional Tradesmen/Women.

I have been in the electrical contracting business for quite some time and have done many lighting jobs Incorporated with electrical construction , unfortunately I don't have pics or have lost what I did have.

In the early 90's I decided to stay small go more for specialty work , Gunnite pools - Spas - Fountains ETC , and was doing very little LV lighting until the last 10 years.

I never dreamed that you would see a residential In ground pool costing from 100k up to 500k and the lighting that goes along with a job like that , it's really crazy.

Listed below is an In Ground pool we hope to have done by Tuesday this week.

Construction cost for this pool Including - Electrical - Gas , is close to 300k from what I heard . Electrical was 1/2 that , no just joking LOL.

Pool has two fire bowls remote controlled - 12 function control on upper copping stone - 5 120v Pool fixtures - 3 12V Savie note LED fixtures - Fiber Optic by Fiber stars.

Pump room

125 amp electrical sub service - 6 motors largest is 5 HP - 2 gas heaters - 2 salt systems - 2 Easy Touch control panels Master & Slave unit with dual remote control.

There was somewhere around 30 LV lighting fixtures on the rear of the property but all that was removed , we hope to get the new Install when the landscaping starts.

If the owner will allow Photos I will try to get those posted if it's OK.

Job I looked at Saturday is an 85 12v fixture Install - 5 Transformers - in 3 phases , up Lighting - Tree Lighting - Wall Lighting - Pathway Lighting - owner supplying everything but Labor - Cable - Trenching.

There is a dead line on this project that seems unrealistic for what has to be done and I am still working on that but scratching my head.

Anyhow that's a little about myself and I would like to say to each of you I am very Impressed with the Professional Talent in this forum that I have read about and the pics I've seen of some of your projects.

Chat soon

Richie

RLI Electric
05-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Welcome aboard Richie. Where are you from? Hopefully your customer chooses something other than this. Pool has to be close to 500K, we do have real lights in a stone wall, but they didn't want to spring for real pathlights. This was horrible to come back and see.

RLI Electric
05-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Sorry it is sideways. I fell to the ground in a laughing and vomiting fit and took the picture (apparently):laugh:

klkanders
05-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Welcome Richie! Looking forward to those pictures.

Richie@
05-02-2011, 05:48 PM
They should have this pool plastered an filled with water by Thursday I believe and I will get some pics of the Pool an other features.

Question , what make and type fixture do most of you use for Residential upper level Lighting , just curious.

Richard