PDA

View Full Version : Errr Some People

NPMinc
05-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Just got a call from a shift manager of a McD's I do only the mowing for asking (quite rudely and yes at 815 on Sun nite) why the hell I havent been there to pick up the "half a tree" that fell when we had severe Tstorms and tornados locally on Thursday AM? Mind you my crew mowed this place Wed PM and this is the FIRST call I had regarding this. I explained this to her and she got all huffy and said she would fire me(which she has no power to do as I contract directly with the franchise owner). She then hung up on me. I called the owner who knew nothing about it. I called one of my guys to check it and he told me that this "half a tree" is a single maybe 15 foot branch! I called the owner back and asked him if he would like me to handle this in AM? He said yes, thank you. I then explained to him that we are only contracted to handle the mowing so if they want a service like this I must be notified. I also jokingly told him I would be glad to, for a fee, go inspect the property after any bad weather, to which he laughingly declined and also apologized to me for his managers behavior, and said he would address it. Sorry had to vent!

Smallaxe
05-01-2011, 08:59 PM
I know the feeling, but she is stuck working at McDs for just above minimum wage and probably has no future to dream about...

Unless the people who handle your food, like you... Don't eat there...

Just sayin'... :)

C6H12O6
05-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Sounds like that lady is about to learn her place in the food chain. :laugh:

TTM42
05-01-2011, 09:48 PM
If the branch was so small why didnt your guy pick it up in the first place then?

punt66
05-01-2011, 09:54 PM
If the branch was so small why didnt your guy pick it up in the first place then?

i think you need to read it again.

BrunoT
05-01-2011, 10:49 PM

Why do I get the impression this guy is also McDonald's management material? : )

TTM42
05-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Maybe because your already a graduate from McDonalds U? :)

DA Quality Lawn & YS
05-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Free BigMacs for life at that place???

THSG
05-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Why do I get the impression this guy is also McDonald's management material? : )

your impressions have been verified*

TTM42
05-02-2011, 12:09 AM
And what brought you to that startling revelation? Just because I pointed out something that should have been done in the first place? Grow up.

Smallaxe
05-02-2011, 12:10 AM
50,000 new job openings!!! Our economy is gonna turn around!!! YAY!!! 50,000 more people to tell you lawnboys how to do your job!!! Change is good!!!

h2oskier
05-02-2011, 12:30 AM
50,000 new job openings!!! Our economy is gonna turn around!!! YAY!!! 50,000 more people to tell you lawnboys how to do your job!!! Change is good!!!

In the famous words of a Mcdonalds employee.... Please drive thru.

Hawkshot99
05-02-2011, 12:44 AM
And what brought you to that startling revelation? Just because I pointed out something that should have been done in the first place? Grow up.

Why should it have been done already? He said they mowed the lawn before the storm and the branch was not there.

TTM42
05-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Why should it have been done already? He said they mowed the lawn before the storm and the branch was not there.

Because the worker said it was 15 ft long, how would he have known that if he didn't see it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hawkshot99
05-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Because the worker said it was 15 ft long, how would he have known that if he didn't see it?
Posted via Mobile Device

It was at a McDonalds. A place were people eat lunch quickly...Maybe he saw it while there eating quick while working.

The poster is contracted for grass only. so you want his worker to go and do work for free, when he is not even supposed to be doing it?

TTM42
05-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Yes, how long would it have taken to put a branch on a trailer? I do it for my banks all the time, it's called goodwill, one day when you grow up you will realize what that is. Why would you do your work at a stop and leave a 15 ft long branch? Even if I was only contracted to do grass I would have had enough pride in my work not to just leave something like that on one of my jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hawkshot99
05-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Yes, how long would it have taken to put a branch on a trailer? I do it for my banks all the time, it's called goodwill, one day when you grow up you will realize what that is. Why would you do your work at a stop and leave a 15 ft long branch? Even if I was only contracted to do grass I would have had enough pride in my work not to just leave something like that on one of my jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device

They have not worked at the property since before the storm....

TTM42
05-02-2011, 01:32 AM
How did he know how long the branch was if he didn't see it while he was there? By the way shouldn't you be in bed by now? I heard it's corn dog day tomorrow at the jr high cafeteria and you don't want to be late for that do you?
Posted via Mobile Device

topsites
05-02-2011, 01:51 AM
Why not let the answering service handle it?

Richard Martin
05-02-2011, 05:17 AM
How did he know how long the branch was if he didn't see it while he was there? By the way shouldn't you be in bed by now? I heard it's corn dog day tomorrow at the jr high cafeteria and you don't want to be late for that do you?

Hey mister, calm down a little and reread the original post.

Chronology of events:

Wednesday: Lawn mowed
Thursday: Storm breaks tree limb off
Sunday at 8:15 PM. Irate night manager calls and complains
Later that night: LCO employee reports to NPMinc that yes, there is a limb down
A few minutes later NPMinc calls the Micky Dees owner and explains the situation. Agrees to pick up "half a tree" in the morning.

TTM42
05-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Hey mister, calm down a little and reread the original post.

Chronology of events:

Wednesday: Lawn mowed
Thursday: Storm breaks tree limb off
Sunday at 8:15 PM. Irate night manager calls and complains
Later that night: LCO employee reports to NPMinc that yes, there is a limb down
A few minutes later NPMinc calls the Micky Dees owner and explains the situation. Agrees to pick up "half a tree" in the morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

TTM42
05-02-2011, 06:37 AM
And? Again, for the fifth time how did the guy know the branch was there? He was there to see it on the ground sometime, not that hard of a question.
Posted via Mobile Device

punt66
05-02-2011, 06:48 AM
And? Again, for the fifth time how did the guy know the branch was there? He was there to see it on the ground sometime, not that hard of a question.
Posted via Mobile Device

:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead: CHILDREN, THIS IS WHY YOU STAY IN SCHOOL! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TTM42
05-02-2011, 06:56 AM
:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead: CHILDREN, THIS IS WHY YOU STAY IN SCHOOL! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not at all, just stating a fact that nobody seems to get.
Posted via Mobile Device

punt66
05-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Not at all, just stating a fact that nobody seems to get.
Posted via Mobile Device

what fact is that exactly???

TTM42
05-02-2011, 07:50 AM
what fact is that exactly???

The fact that the employee knew the branch was on the ground. How would he have known the branch was there if he didn't see it while he was there? Again, not that hard
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris McCrary
05-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Your an idiot.

Guy cut grass WED= NO BRANCH

Storm comes through AFTER mow job

Stay with me here.....

MCD's manager calls him Sunday to report branch down....ok heres where it gets good...

LCO gets employee to go check it out for him and then he sees the limb that has fallen since they cut the grass!

DO YOU FOLLOW?

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Your an idiot.

Guy cut grass WED= NO BRANCH

Storm comes through AFTER mow job

Stay with me here.....

MCD's manager calls him Sunday to report branch down....ok heres where it gets good...

LCO gets employee to go check it out for him and then he sees the limb that has fallen since they cut the grass!

DO YOU FOLLOW?
Posted via Mobile Device

a clear difference lawn
05-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Wow - communication on this site is ridiculous sometimes. The point TTM42 is making is that when the employee went out Sunday night he should have taken care of the branch instead of just verifying its existence. Everyone else keeps repeating that LCO was gone before the branch fell. You guys are talking apples and oranges and then getting pissed.

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Where does it say the owner sent his employee to go check it out idiot boy?
Posted via Mobile Device

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Wow - communication on this site is ridiculous sometimes. The point TTM42 is making is that when the employee went out Sunday night he should have taken care of the branch instead of just verifying its existence. Everyone else keeps repeating that LCO was gone before the branch fell. You guys are talking apples and oranges and then getting pissed.

Finally, someone with some common sense speaks up
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris McCrary
05-02-2011, 08:08 AM
If you can read the very first post it clearly says it. But we see its hard for you to read something fully before posting.

ALC-GregH
05-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Just got a call from a shift manager of a McD's I do only the mowing for asking (quite rudely and yes at 815 on Sun nite) why the hell I havent been there to pick up the "half a tree" that fell when we had severe Tstorms and tornados locally on Thursday AM? Mind you my crew mowed this place Wed PM and this is the FIRST call I had regarding this. I explained this to her and she got all huffy and said she would fire me(which she has no power to do as I contract directly with the franchise owner). She then hung up on me. I called the owner who knew nothing about it. I called one of my guys to check it and he told me that this "half a tree" is a single maybe 15 foot branch! I called the owner back and asked him if he would like me to handle this in AM? He said yes, thank you. I then explained to him that we are only contracted to handle the mowing so if they want a service like this I must be notified. I also jokingly told him I would be glad to, for a fee, go inspect the property after any bad weather, to which he laughingly declined and also apologized to me for his managers behavior, and said he would address it. Sorry had to vent!

Posted via Mobile Device

Right there in bold. You need to learn to read between the lines. I think you owe someone an apology. You ran your mouth and didn't even know the facts when they are right there infront of you.

TTM42
If you can read the very first post it clearly says it. But we see its hard for you to read something fully before posting.

Doesn't say that clearly at all, go over the first post again, it NEVER said he sent his employee to go check it out. Therefore if he didn't go back AFTER he was done he wouldn't have known the branch was there? Don't know how I can make it much simpler.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris McCrary
Finally, someone with some common sense speaks up
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't try to back peddle now. This whole time you have been trying to figure out how they knew the branch was on the ground, now your saying someone finally gets what you were getting at....:hammerhead:

:laugh::laugh:

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Don't try to back peddle now. This whole time you have been trying to figure out how they knew the branch was on the ground, now your saying someone finally gets what you were getting at....:hammerhead:

Not back pedaling at all, again just stating a fact, and it's pedal not peddle.
:laugh::laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris McCrary
05-02-2011, 08:12 AM

Will this clear it up for you?

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Right there in bold. You need to learn to read between the lines. I think you owe someone an apology. You ran your mouth and didn't even know the facts when they are right there infront of you.

Again, it doesn't say that at all, he made the idiot remark before I did so....
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris McCrary
05-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Well you got me at pedal..lol

ALC-GregH
05-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Again, it doesn't say that at all, he made the idiot remark before I did so....
Posted via Mobile Device

your head is fogged over. Learn to read.

I called one of my guys to check it and he told me that this "half a tree" is a single maybe 15 foot branch!

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Will this clear it up for you?

Not at all, how did he know how big it was if he didn't see it in the first place?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris McCrary
Im done...someone is just trolling for response now. There is no way you can really be this dense.

TTM42
your head is fogged over. Learn to read.

I called one of my guys to check it and he told me that this "half a tree" is a single maybe 15 foot branch!
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

punt66
05-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Doesn't say that clearly at all, go over the first post again, it NEVER said he sent his employee to go check it out. Therefore if he didn't go back AFTER he was done he wouldn't have known the branch was there? Don't know how I can make it much simpler.
Posted via Mobile Device

hahah i know your type.

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Again, how did he know how big it was? Not that hard of a question.
Posted via Mobile Device

punt66
05-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Again, how did he know how big it was? Not that hard of a question.
Posted via Mobile Device

WOW, Go back to school man!

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:19 AM
WOW, Go back to school man!

For what?
Posted via Mobile Device

topsites
05-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

punt66
05-02-2011, 08:21 AM
For what?
Posted via Mobile Device

you have a reading/comprehension problem. Eveything you need to know is clearly stated in post 1

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Im done...someone is just trolling for response now. There is no way you can really be this dense.

Not trolling at all, nobody has answered my question yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:23 AM
you have a reading/comprehension problem. Eveything you need to know is clearly stated in post 1

Not even close
Posted via Mobile Device

punt66
05-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Not even close
Posted via Mobile Device

I am done too. I feel a little dumber after this. I need to recoup and go mow. Later.

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:30 AM
I am done too. I feel a little dumber after this. I need to recoup and go mow. Later.

Without answering my question first?
Posted via Mobile Device

ALC-GregH
05-02-2011, 08:30 AM
what was the question again? How to make an azz out of my self in a public forum?

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:38 AM
what was the question again? How to make an azz out of my self in a public forum?

No, I have asked the question plenty of times already, browse the thread again and I'm sure you will pick it up on your own. Who's being the azz here?
Posted via Mobile Device

ALC-GregH
05-02-2011, 08:45 AM
No, I have asked the question plenty of times already, browse the thread again and I'm sure you will pick it up on your own. Who's being the azz here?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ummm, that would be you. Obviously you can't comprehend a simple statement from the OP.

TTM42
05-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Ummm, that would be you. Obviously you can't comprehend a simple statement from the OP.
Not me at all, the original post never said how he knew if he didn't see it so it's not me at all. I was never reduced to name calling like some on here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lawn Pawn
05-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Who's on first...?

gasracer
05-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Wow 6 pages of a explanation of a tree limb at Mc D's...

NJT
05-02-2011, 10:53 AM
This is the greatest thread in the history of threads.

tjlco
05-02-2011, 05:08 PM
I have to poop...sorry this thread is good

osr001
05-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Who's on first...?

After the day I've had, I needed that. Too funny:drinkup:

Darryl G
05-02-2011, 08:45 PM
If a customer gets huffy with you, just ask them for their e-mail address and send them this. Either they'll be so p'd off that they'll fire you or laugh so hard that they'll forget about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmMRaUX-QSM

Kelly's Landscaping
05-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Funniest post iv read here in some time. Might have to print it just so my boys can laugh tomorrow as well:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Darryl G
05-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Wow 6 pages of a explanation of a tree limb at Mc D's...

Yeah, but we still don't know the diameter or weight of the limb, all we know is that it was 15 feet long. We still need more info!!!

Lbilawncare
05-02-2011, 11:35 PM
If a tree falls in the middle of a McDonalds, and noone hears it, does it still make a noise?

crab
05-02-2011, 11:43 PM
I feel stupider know,i think.....