PDA

View Full Version : My new to me Scag Tiger Cub

twcw5804
05-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Well after a long battle of waiting I picked up my 08 Scag Tiger Cub tonight. Its got a 25hp kohler with the velocity plus deck and 500hrs. I will be putting on a mulch kit but may wait for all this wet weather to calm down a bit. I almost bought a gravely 260, and probably should have because that seller was working with me. I paid full asking price for the scag cause he was giving me some accounts. I hope it quits raining so I can put it to use tomorrow, I have a full days work I need to do in a shorter amount of time.

I will post more tomorrow night with more pics. Anyone curious I paid $5k.

twcw5804
05-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Forgot to attatch the pic

LawnCareNoobie
05-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Forgot to attatch the pic

Good purchase.

GMLC
05-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Congrats!! Nice machine and looks to be in great shape. Enjoy...

THEGOLDPRO
05-02-2011, 06:00 PM
looks brand new.

ed2hess
05-02-2011, 07:48 PM
You might want to hold back on the mulch kit and just put on the outlet cover. With those channels it loads this unit down a lot and I don't think it is built for the abuse. Maybe a turftiger might to okay. And it does just fine mulching without all the stuff on.....we have had that exact same unit for 5 years and mulch year round.

Chevy z71
05-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Heck of a deal. will a 61inch fit on a 6*14 asking for myself cause i was woundering.

twcw5804
05-02-2011, 11:17 PM
You might want to hold back on the mulch kit and just put on the outlet cover. With those channels it loads this unit down a lot and I don't think it is built for the abuse. Maybe a turftiger might to okay. And it does just fine mulching without all the stuff on.....we have had that exact same unit for 5 years and mulch year round.

I had read that the hurricanr mulch kit only takes a few bolts to undo the mulch plate and that the mower did well that way and that you could just bolt the plate back on when needed. Thought about trying that.

Scag413
05-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Heck of a deal. will a 61inch fit on a 6*14 asking for myself cause i was woundering.

6 feet wide times 12 inches in one foot equals 72" inches so yes it does. More than likely the chute has to be up. Most trailers now are 77" though that are 12' or longer.

ed2hess
05-03-2011, 09:11 PM
I had read that the hurricanr mulch kit only takes a few bolts to undo the mulch plate and that the mower did well that way and that you could just bolt the plate back on when needed. Thought about trying that.

To take the full kit on/off it is about 12 bolts so not that easy. I leave the little devices that are under each spindle on that is 6 of the bolts. And the blocking plate is 2 bolts...kinda easy. The rest are the two baffles and that isn't easy.

SouthSide Cutter
05-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Well after a long battle of waiting I picked up my 08 Scag Tiger Cub tonight. Its got a 25hp kohler with the velocity plus deck and 500hrs. I will be putting on a mulch kit but may wait for all this wet weather to calm down a bit. I almost bought a gravely 260, and probably should have because that seller was working with me. I paid full asking price for the scag cause he was giving me some accounts. I hope it quits raining so I can put it to use tomorrow, I have a full days work I need to do in a shorter amount of time.

I will post more tomorrow night with more pics. Anyone curious I paid $5k.

Don't think it will pull a mulch kit. It pulled the chit out of my 29DFI. Took it off and it lays in the shop. Went with a block off plate. And it aint easy to changed unless you have two guys. Other than that I got the same mower and it does a great job for me.

soloscaperman
05-03-2011, 11:13 PM
What size deck? Looks good.

twcw5804
05-04-2011, 10:46 AM
61" deck. If my Snapper pro has been running with a mulch this will do it too, will obviously slow me down but im sick of throwing grass all over pavement and having to pull out push mower when Im too close to houses.

Now that it has dried up im liking this a lot more. Today I have a job that took me 1hr with the snapper and a new job that is 3acres. Cant wait to let her eat.