PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, Things Do Go Right

MOturkey
05-02-2011, 10:19 AM
After some of the responses to my last thread, I suppose I should restrict my posts to those of a technical nature, but, I have always been a slow learner, so here I go again! Had a client fail to pay me the final bill last fall. I sent him a couple of reminders over the winter, and when I went by the house last month, there was a "for lease" sign in the yard, so I figured that one was a lost cause.

A few days ago, out of the blue, he calls me, said they had moved twice since then, apologized for not getting me paid, and said he had my money if I would like to drop by and pick it up, which I did. You see, I said there are people with character!

Also, my wife bid a rather large job while I was away in March. I thought it was underbid, but we went ahead and mowed for that price. Afterwards, I told the client that I was sorry, but I just couldn't service the account at that price, and needed to raise the fee by $50. Instead of giving me the boot, she said "no problem".

So, just like life in general, sometime the things that happen in this business are positive.

T.E.
05-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Good to hear things worked out for you!