PDA

View Full Version : air bag patch kit?

STIHL GUY
05-02-2011, 11:00 AM
is there any type of patch or product i could use on the suspension airbags that are in my truck?? one of the bags was installed too close and rubs and there are threads showing on it..i figured it would be easier to patch than to replace the whole thing. thanks for the help

CLARK LAWN
05-02-2011, 10:45 PM
those things flex so much that no patch would hold.

rodzilla94
05-03-2011, 08:43 PM
i have a minitruck with air bags on it...so ill tell you that there is no patch kits for them you have to buy new. but you have to fix the rubbing problem before you get a new bag or you will replace it again. take a grinder and try to give the bag some room about a 1/4 ich. or more clearance especially when the bag is down. the only question i have is is the bag smooth or does it have ribs in it?. the reason i ask you might get away with a smaller bag for clearance so i need to know this but you go with a smaller bag then both need replacing

rodzilla94
05-03-2011, 08:57 PM
also look at it and see if you have room to move the bag on the mount. the bag has 2 bolts on top and bottom just notch the holes a little if possible I'm assuming there helper bags so if there is room to notch the holes its OK just remember to notch the hole the supply line goes through it needs a 1/8 or more clearance you might have to take off the mounts and relocate if push comes to shove bro.... just to let you know i have put on air bag systems for 10 years..ps i have seen bags blow going down the road and it ain't pretty to see:dizzy:

STIHL GUY
05-04-2011, 10:02 AM
i fixed the rubbing problem by moving the bag.