PDA

View Full Version : Best trimmer racks for the money?

olebrooklawn
05-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Looking for racks?

KS_Grasscutter
05-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Greentouch extreme. Everything else I've seen totally sucks. Including my trimmer traps.
Posted via Mobile Device

cpllawncare
05-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm looking at racks also, but I'm not sure about having to mount a bracket on the trimmer shaft, as is the case with the extreme racks.

watatrp
05-02-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm looking at racks also, but I'm not sure about having to mount a bracket on the trimmer shaft, as is the case with the extreme racks.

What is your concern? The bracket is made out of aluminum and weighs just a few ounces.

KS_Grasscutter
05-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Yep. Buddy of mine has the extreme rack, and after about the first 30 seconds of trimming you don't notice the block.
Posted via Mobile Device

Southern Pride
05-02-2011, 01:45 PM
BRAND NEW Jungle Jim red 3 trimmer racks/lockable/awesome - $130 free shipping

BRAND NEW Jungle Jim red 2 blower racks/lockable/awesome $89 free shipping

You also have the option to buy both of them for $160 free shipping

PM me for details...

olebrooklawn
05-02-2011, 02:04 PM
BRAND NEW Jungle Jim red 3 trimmer racks/lockable/awesome - $130 free shipping

BRAND NEW Jungle Jim red 2 blower racks/lockable/awesome $89 free shipping

You also have the option to buy both of them for $160 free shipping

PM me for details...

where at man. hook me up

ffemt1271
05-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Been using trimmer traps for almost 10 years, and bought the jungle jims trimmer/blower set as mentioned above. i like them so far, especially for the cost. I bought them from a reccomendation from a post on here about a month ago, arrived in 2 days and are excellent

Southern Pride sent you a PM about a rack.

Southern Pride
05-02-2011, 04:25 PM
where at man. hook me up

PM sent.

Been using trimmer traps for almost 10 years, and bought the jungle jims trimmer/blower set as mentioned above. i like them so far, especially for the cost. I bought them from a reccomendation from a post on here about a month ago, arrived in 2 days and are excellent

Southern Pride sent you a PM about a rack.

That was my recommendation thread you are referring to lol It's the same seller, atvxpress.

kc2006
05-02-2011, 05:08 PM
the extreme racks are by far the best racks out there. I love the one I got, it literally takes like 2 seconds to take off and put on the rack. No pins to lose or break, impossible to cut the lock off, and the trimmers don't spin.

Anymore with racks being what 100-125+ bucks for just the old plain kind with a pin, why not buck up a few more dollars and have something thats faster and easier? 2 place racks are 150ish shipped on ebay.

magilla12
05-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Extreme racks here, love them.

Patriot Services
05-02-2011, 05:30 PM
I have a JJ and an extreme. Both are top quality.
Posted via Mobile Device

Aaronnc
05-02-2011, 06:11 PM
For $200 I like the idea of this combo one. I'd love to hear from someone who owns one. 3 trimmers, water cooler, blower, and line holder.......

http://packemracks.com/show_product.php?prod_code=allinone&&catid=5

Chevy z71
05-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Extreme here

Southern Pride
05-02-2011, 07:59 PM
the extreme racks are by far the best racks out there. I love the one I got, it literally takes like 2 seconds to take off and put on the rack. No pins to lose or break, impossible to cut the lock off, and the trimmers don't spin.

Anymore with racks being what 100-125+ bucks for just the old plain kind with a pin, why not buck up a few more dollars and have something thats faster and easier? 2 place racks are 150ish shipped on ebay.

The ones I'm referring to are $130 red Jungle Jims and have 0 pins, off/on in 2 seconds, and 1 lock locks all 3 trimmers in place. They don't spin around either unless the handle on the trimmer is severely worn down.

-Griffin

TMlawncare
05-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Both truck run Trimmer traps. The oldest was put into operation in 1996. No spinning, no repairs, no worries. Sometimes you just have to pay for quality.

FryDaddy
05-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Aaronnc, I've seen those racks sold by sle & thought the idea was good. But not sure how well they held the trimmers from turning. Wish greentouch/xtreme racks had that idea for the same price, that would be an awesome setup.
Posted via Mobile Device

cpllawncare
05-02-2011, 09:16 PM
For $200 I like the idea of this combo one. I'd love to hear from someone who owns one. 3 trimmers, water cooler, blower, and line holder.......

http://packemracks.com/show_product.php?prod_code=allinone&&catid=5

Not so sure about that one? looks like the blower and cooler is on the inside of the trailer? I've narrowed my choice down to the Extreme or JJ.

vencops
05-02-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm a solo. I chose the JJ singles (2 of them). I keep my 110 Kombi in one with the edger attachment on.....and the lighter Husky trimmer in the other. Secure; solid and @ $50/per they were cheaper separate than most 2 trimmer options.

my .02

Aaronnc
05-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I just saw it and thought it was cool, especially for the solo's or small crews. Wish one of the big guys made something like it.

webber1
05-02-2011, 11:24 PM
I have been using the extreme's for a couple of weeks now.....I really like them so far.....easy to install and easy to use.....definately like the locking system as well....a little more than some on the market but I feel like they are worth a little extra.

unkownfl
05-02-2011, 11:43 PM
The jj suck. I bought those ones off ebay they're rip offs of the real ones or they're defects. I have owned three sets of them and the first two were nice this last set you could tell the quality wasn't there. All of the ones I owned if you really wanted you could easily get the trimmers out at least stihl trimmers. I lost $1500 bucks in stihl equipment due to those racks two weeks ago. They allow for the upper bar of the holder that holds in the trimmer to go up enough to allow a inch and a half gap that will allow you to pull the trimmer out. Sure it might leave marks on the handles but they will still be gone. Also I grabbed a trimmer yesterday and the whole top securing bar that holds the handle in broke right at the spring had to get it welded and it looked like the cheapest pot metal round stock ever. The two tier blower rack is ok it secures the blowers I have good and it latches down tight with no gap. I had the little diamonds on the locking plate welded on the trimmer racks to get rid of the gap but as soon as I can afford to dump some money into the trailer those racks are going.

Southern Pride
05-03-2011, 01:46 AM
The jj suck. I bought those ones off ebay they're rip offs of the real ones or they're defects. I have owned three sets of them and the first two were nice this last set you could tell the quality wasn't there. All of the ones I owned if you really wanted you could easily get the trimmers out at least stihl trimmers. I lost $1500 bucks in stihl equipment due to those racks two weeks ago. They allow for the upper bar of the holder that holds in the trimmer to go up enough to allow a inch and a half gap that will allow you to pull the trimmer out. Sure it might leave marks on the handles but they will still be gone. Also I grabbed a trimmer yesterday and the whole top securing bar that holds the handle in broke right at the spring had to get it welded and it looked like the cheapest pot metal round stock ever. The two tier blower rack is ok it secures the blowers I have good and it latches down tight with no gap. I had the little diamonds on the locking plate welded on the trimmer racks to get rid of the gap but as soon as I can afford to dump some money into the trailer those racks are going.

Man that is crazy. I have JJ I ordered off eBay and they're great. The upper bar will move a little but no where close to being able to remove my redmax or echo. Good thing I hate stihl stuff or I might have had mine taken. I don't get it. The handles on the stihls must be tiny.
Posted via Mobile Device

underESTIMATED
05-03-2011, 06:44 PM

Is that the one I sold you?

kc2006
05-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Yea it's awesome. No more losing pins.
Posted via Mobile Device