PDA

View Full Version : I love mowing lawns, and doing seed and fert jobs

Hardcore5657
05-02-2011, 11:34 AM
But I hate doing everything else. When a customer ask me if I do mulch and garden block should I say yes and just contract it out or should I give them a referral of other locs in the are? Some people want the company that takes care of there lawn to be able to do everything and I don't wanna lose clients but I am solo. I don't want to waste a day mulching when I can make more money cutting solo. Anyone else with this problem?
Posted via Mobile Device

GravyTrain
05-02-2011, 12:08 PM
then price your other jobs so that you make as much money. I don't particularly like weeding flower beds that have laid dormant for 2 years, but if someone is willing to pay me to pull out weeds at the rate I have to charge to make ends meet, then so be it. Last time I checked, my bank account didn't care what the source of the money was, just the fact that it made it there.

Southern Pride
05-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I am like you but I do the work and hire friends to help me. I notice I make waayy more money doing mulch with 2 guys helping me in 2 hours than I ever would cutting 2 hours of grass...So the $$ has drawn me into doing those other jobs.

ancjr
05-02-2011, 02:54 PM
I sub out all bed work for that reason. I'm not equipped or talented to handle such things, and the guy I work with is A+ all the way around.