PDA

View Full Version : Echo or Stihl

Silberwing
05-02-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm looking to buy an edger real soon. I'm having a hard time making a decision on what brand to go with. I currently am using an echo 225 series edger. It does an okay job, but I'm looking for a better edge. So, should I step up to a better model or go with a different brand to achieve the edge I'm looking for?

Thanks for any help

Charlie's lawn Service
05-02-2011, 03:17 PM
I had the same problem last year and for over grown sidewalks I use a walk behind edger now I use my stihl fs90 with an Edgit to maintain them and I love it.

scagfreek
05-02-2011, 04:15 PM
stihl does a lot better but is not as reable as echo because i had a echo be4 i got my stihl and still have my echo and my lawn guy prefers the echo so he makes the mexcans use the stihl which he is norrmaly on the scag

cpllawncare
05-02-2011, 09:01 PM
I had the same problem last year and for over grown sidewalks I use a walk behind edger now I use my stihl fs90 with an Edgit to maintain them and I love it.

I'd agree, you need a walk behind for overgrown stuff, then go to the stick for the maintence.

Silberwing
05-03-2011, 03:48 AM

Thanks, I'm currently looking for a walk behind now
Posted via Mobile Device

Silberwing
05-03-2011, 03:50 AM
I've ordered the "edgit" already, I hope I'll enjoy the difference.

Thanks all for your help.

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman88
05-03-2011, 09:20 AM
stilh i use mine for anything over grown sidwalk it has no problem edging mulch beds, cutting the edge of sod i would get a stilh and try it befor you buy the walkbehind edger