PDA

View Full Version : Grass VS Weeds

cpllawncare
05-02-2011, 11:05 PM
I got a new customer today because he fired the last guy, saying that he wasn't cutting all the grass. Problem is, it's not the grass, it's the weeds, I'm pretty new so I don't know exactly what to do, I've got several cusomers with this weed in their yard and my brand new Toro won't cut it either, I thought it was my blades so I had them sharpened and it's the same result. I wasn't going to argue with the customer but he doesn't want to apply weed killer just yet. Any idea's?

Dr.NewEarth
05-02-2011, 11:21 PM
No weed killer? Raise your cutting deck and cut higher, I suggest 2 to 2.5 inches.
That will help to choke out this weed.

If you had a picture it would help with other possible solutions.

cpllawncare
05-02-2011, 11:25 PM
No weed killer? Raise your cutting deck and cut higher, I suggest 2 to 2.5 inches.
That will help to choke out this weed.

If you had a picture it would help with other possible solutions.

I cut at anywhere between 2.5 to 3.5, I will get some pics tomorrow. I was thinking someone would ask for them LOL

greendoctor
05-02-2011, 11:39 PM
What kind of grass is this. If it is bermuda, then raising the cutting height favors weeds. If it is fescue or some other cool season grass, raising the cutting height is a good thing.

RAlmaroad
05-03-2011, 03:39 AM
I cut at anywhere between 2.5 to 3.5, I will get some pics tomorrow. I was thinking someone would ask for them LOL

Those photos will help. Also, some grasses need a different type of mower; make sure that you tell us the type of grass. Sometimes it is difficult to tell from just photos alone.

Smallaxe
05-03-2011, 08:06 AM
You actually work for people like that??? Bet you mulch up a lot of sand too...