PDA

View Full Version : equipment used for yard cleanup

meadje
05-03-2011, 07:45 AM
I am trying to cut my times down when doing yard cleanups what is the best equipment to use to cut down times and eliminate as much raking as possible,

nobagger
05-03-2011, 09:09 AM
I am trying to cut my times down when doing yard cleanups what is the best equipment to use to cut down times and eliminate as much raking as possible,

A rake? Yikes! We use back pack blower's for just about every property we clean up. B/P blower's have the ability to lift debris out of the lawn and obviously move debris in a quick way. I bet if you bought a Echo PB755 or similar type you would cut your time in more than half and have a better final outcome. But expect to pay upwards of 500-700 for one.

Darryl G
05-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Yup, large backpack blower. If I could only bring 2 things with me for a cleanup it would be a backpack blower and a Z rider with a vacuum bagger.

jetta
05-03-2011, 09:59 AM
largest echo i can get and walker mowers

32vld
05-03-2011, 10:19 AM
For the time being if you have a trailer and a 8 x 12 tarp or 8 x 8, Using some stakes through the groumets to hold the tarp down, you rake the leaves onto the tarp then pick up tarp and dump tarp into the trailer.

Much faster then bagging all the leaves. Then if you have an extra tarp or old sheet to be placed on the floor of the trailer before you load it will make for quick unloading at the dump. Just grap the end of the sheet and drag/pull the load off the trailer.

gasracer
05-03-2011, 11:05 AM
A very large back pack blower is a must. I used that and my Z with a vac-bagger running gator blades. It shreds everything.I bag it because I have several who it for compost.

LewisLawn
05-03-2011, 12:19 PM
to truly be efficient i would recommend at least some sort of blower back pack or hand held depending on size of lawns and volume of leaves etc that you are trying to get rid of. You will find a lot of guys on here will blow out the beds and mow and mulch everything up and then run over the lawn one last time with a bagger others will simply get everything moved to the curb and use a debris loader and put it in the bed of their truck or trailer...it all has to do with what you are willing to invest and what profit margin you are looking for in return a hand held blower new for under 200 bucks a back pack blower will go for 400 to 700 a bagging system on a ZTR between a 1000 and 2000 and a debris loader 3000 and up new....what can you justify currently and how much do you expect to expand in near future

meadje
05-03-2011, 07:01 PM
i do have a br420 and br 600 stihl backpack blowers and 2 john deere zero turns but they are side discharge i might go get a bagger system for it, i just thought there is something else that i am missing because i am 3 hrs with 2 people doing a 75x200 lot and the client told me the neighbor had a crew in there and did it in less then 2 and he had something on the front of his mower i though maybe it was a rotary brush or something

blk90s13
05-03-2011, 09:24 PM
I use a backpack blower + ground blower if needed very little rake I hate rakes lool

nobagger
05-03-2011, 09:49 PM
i do have a br420 and br 600 stihl backpack blowers and 2 john deere zero turns but they are side discharge i might go get a bagger system for it, i just thought there is something else that i am missing because i am 3 hrs with 2 people doing a 75x200 lot and the client told me the neighbor had a crew in there and did it in less then 2 and he had something on the front of his mower i though maybe it was a rotary brush or something

You have a Stihl br600 and your raking :laugh: I bet with 2 larger back packs going, blowing everything to the curb (given normal leaf and debris conditions left over from winter) you should have that done in well under 2hrs including loading debris to haul away. You had 6 man hours? I could see if it were fall and your knee deep in leaves but... I don't know the particulars but just seems like a long time. Start using your resources.

Green Feet Lawn
05-03-2011, 09:58 PM
We use - (2) Backpack blowers. (1) 8 HP wheeled blower and a leaf loader mounted to a dump trailer. We bring a rake too but it only comes out in an emergency. lol

LawnCareNoobie
05-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Cyclone Rake