PDA

View Full Version : This can't be that great for my lawn

jj123
05-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Our Hoa doen't take care of the common grounds. All they do is pay someone to mow it. So its all full of dandelion puffs, which fill my yard with dandelions. Yea!!!:mad:

flatlander42
05-03-2011, 12:07 PM
would they let you treat it? Go in with a few of your neighbors and see what they say.

jj123
05-03-2011, 12:16 PM
No one really seams to care. The company thats mows it only mows like 4-6 times a summer it feels like and they get paid alot to leave it as trashy as they do. Half the time they come to mow the grass is at least 5-6 inches tall.

orlawncaresvc
05-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Our Hoa doen't take care of the common grounds. All they do is pay someone to mow it. So its all full of dandelion puffs, which fill my yard with dandelions. Yea!!!:mad:

Dang! That lawn is infested. What type of grass is under all them weeds, if there is a any fine grass. And when was the last time it was mowed?
Posted via Mobile Device

jj123
05-03-2011, 03:49 PM
The last time the field was mowed was the Friday before Easter. It was also the first time they mowed it this year

weeze
05-03-2011, 04:18 PM
all the dandelions have died out here by now...they were in several yards but they are gone now..still a few other types of weeds around but they will be gone soon as it warms up some more

Dr.NewEarth
05-03-2011, 10:07 PM
I see plantain in there too. Another compaction weed.
It tastes like spinach if you boil it. yum

Dr.NewEarth
05-03-2011, 10:10 PM
I had a thought.
Is there a city ordinance that says that properties must be cut and maintained at a certain level?
Pehaps there is some-one you can call. Some-times all it takes is a complaint
for city hall to take action.
That lawn is certainly depreciating property value in the area.

NeighborhoodCut
05-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Wow... this is a lawn applicators dream, and a landscapers nightmare.

I blame this on neglect and not bagging!!

Forgive me if i`m wrong but trim then treat. then keep up the mowing.

Glenn Lawn Care
05-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Looks great!

smallmouth85
05-04-2011, 11:16 PM
lol i bet on a windy day it looks like its snowin ? throw u soe weed and feed on it it will take care of it in 2 to 3 weeks i promise it along with all other weeds and clover

Southern Pride
05-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Dude that sucks. You think the HOA would be filled with the snoodiest type of people that would actually care...hrmmm well can't you just spray some pre-emerg every year to kill off the dandelions before they ever start?

I HATE cutting yards with those. You cut all the grass the first pass but there are half cut stalks and stringers everytime with those no matter how slow I go or how sharp the blades are.Would fertilizing yourself be pointless since they constantly blow in the wind into your yard?? I obviously have no knowledge about fertilizing, I just know I hate dandelions.

jj123
05-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Yeah thoses half cut stalks and stringers are really annoying cause they stand right back up the next day and it looks like you didnt even cut the lawn. lol

NeighborhoodCut
05-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Double pass, Criss cross pattern :hammerhead: