PDA

View Full Version : How did you get your commercial accounts?

Landscape Warriors
05-03-2011, 02:35 PM
I have googled commercial property managers in our area and can't find anything. I was going to send them a letter. I am not sure how else. How did you get your commercial accounts? I need some ideas! Like office buildings or shopping centers.

Thanks

orlawncaresvc
05-03-2011, 03:32 PM
We got one of our commercial accounts through craigslist. Our current biggest commercial account we got from me actually going to the property and seeking any management that would speak to me about my services. I left them a flyer and a year later bang! They called and we just completed our first year with them this April. Actually working on 8 big commercial bids right now that I left a flyer also a year ago. Walked out to the properties which all of them are apartments and I was guided to their office suite and I left them a flyer. Well a little over a year ago yesterday we got a call from them. 8 big ones. Wish us luck. That's what has been working for us.
Posted via Mobile Device

nobagger
05-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Drive around and most shopping plaza's have a space or at least a sign that says who the property belongs to. Just be prepared to get numerous run arounds and messages that go unanswered.

weeze
05-03-2011, 06:51 PM
i got all 3 of mine through word of mouth knowing the owner or knowing someone that knows the owner

Greyst1
05-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Knocking on doors, been getting a lot of no's lately tho. Really pissing me off. I show up and the grass is a foot tall and they say no, we have have someone. I'm thinking, really, does he turn the blades on or just charges you for the tracks.....hehe

cuttin-to-the-Max
05-04-2011, 12:37 AM
First impression is KEY! Start off early like in January while we arent getting covered in snow.
I Just took the phone book And called every church, Temple, Condo, etc.
Asked to speak to the prop manager, asked if they had a signed contract yet and if it was ok to drop off a quote for Services...Most say yes then i drop them off a Folder Covered with a Flyer of mine,
Has the Estimate
A Small note pad with My company's Logo
And a Small basket of Customized wrappers with Chocolate Candies inside for that Fat A$$ Secretary to Chow down all day!

Delivered in black pants and a Tie. (makes you look like you're no Jo Smo!)

Yeah it cost a bit more but i get most commercial properties i bid on!

rcslawncare
05-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Stop by and talk to a general manager or owner. Best way is to be in person and have them see that your a solid operation. I try to do this with everything loaded up so they know Im the real deal and not gonna show up with a 21" and a broom. Make sure you don't go in with a random tee shirt on, I go with a golf style polo with company logo on. Don't get caught with out cards either.

topsites
05-04-2011, 12:46 AM
First impression is KEY! Start off early like in January while we arent getting covered in snow.
I Just took the phone book And called every church, Temple, Condo, etc.
Asked to speak to the prop manager, asked if they had a signed contract yet and if it was ok to drop off a quote for Services...Most say yes then i drop them off a Folder Covered with a Flyer of mine,
Has the Estimate
A Small note pad with My company's Logo
And a Small basket of Customized wrappers with Chocolate Candies inside for that Fat A$$ Secretary to Chow down all day!

Delivered in black pants and a Tie. (makes you look like you're no Jo Smo!)

Yeah it cost a bit more but i get most commercial properties i bid on!

That sounds like it could work, especially if it suits your style, bet you can get some sweet bids at that and
they likely won't make you a millionaire in this lifetime but at least it's the kind where you can make ends meet.

You know it's funny...
I don't wear fancy clothes much, but even in jeans and a t-shirt all dirty from working, truck all beat to crap...
I carry myself a certain way, I get the respect.
All day long, every once in a while someone tests me but usually it's not like that at all.

It dawned on me the other day, I'd bet some folks think I'm some ex-CEO from out of the recession :p
And it's really not funny, but that's the kind of respect I get most of the time.

Now that, what you described up there...
I could probably make that work, just I'm not into commercial props.