PDA

View Full Version : What would be a good mower for cemetery

Dwittbecker
05-03-2011, 07:18 PM
What would be a good mower for cemetery? Just put a bid in. I have a good chance to get the job. Was thinking a Grasshopper with a up front deck.

tailboardtech
05-03-2011, 07:45 PM
it really all depends on the width between the stones the one i do every now and then i have to use my 36'' metro since my 60 wont fit through the stones i have seen alot of guys are using standers in them.

08wstroke
05-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Get A Rear Discharge Grasshopper That Way No Blowing Stones Off

nobagger
05-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Get A Rear Discharge Grasshopper That Way No Blowing Stones Off

That's what I was thinking. My Brother-in-Law is buried in a really nice cemetery and the XYZ Cemetery Association takes care of them along with 5 or 6 others and they use Exmark riders, side discharge, no discharge blocking plates and they leave just about ever stone covered in grass. If your not there to clean it off and a few weeks go by you might not be able to find the stone.

Five Points
05-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I have three cems that we do with a toro walk behind 52 inch and a walker with a 56 inch side discharge. The out fronts let u get really close to stones. we trim each and every time so that it is quick and always takes the same lenght of time. We run through with the blower at the end only adds a few minutes. I could cut those all week long. (just bought a Toro Grandstand so well see how that works)

Dwittbecker
05-04-2011, 01:02 PM
almost all the stones are just a couple feet apart and to high to mower over the tops. So trimming between is a must. So will be blowing stones off.

djagusch
05-04-2011, 11:34 PM
48 hustler trimstar we use for a 12 acre cemetery we do. My rider is too big around the stones. A vride works well also, just the turning radius is a little bigger.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cooter
05-05-2011, 09:44 PM
We used 60" Z and 60" stander. The Stander was awesome at getting around stones and getting off to pickup flowers etc. Got rid of the stander for a 52" Z. About the same times. Just got rid of the 52" and still looking for another mower. Had to use the Deere X595 for the cemetery and it SUCKS.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
05-05-2011, 09:58 PM
I did a 22 acre Cemetery standing stones for 2 yrs and used 2-3 60'' then got out bidded I was glad wasnt not going lower my price Cemetery sucks
2-60'' 5hrs to mow and 5hrs to trim
If we could fit between the stones we mow it if not the trimmer had to do it

Agape
05-10-2011, 10:39 AM
What would be a good mower for cemetery? Just put a bid in. I have a good chance to get the job. Was thinking a Grasshopper with a up front deck.

Well whatever you use, be sure it has a DEAD MAN SWITCH! LOL bad-a-pum!!:laugh: