PDA

View Full Version : Direct Mail Results

DA Quality Lawn & YS
05-03-2011, 11:25 PM
As promised, I am posting results of my direct mail campaign for others to see.

The last week of March, I had 1000 4x6 postcards mailed to 3 saturation routes by Adeas. Actually, about 900 were mailed by Adeas. The remaining apprx. 100 were sent to me to address and mail myself (postage paid on these too). So, these cards have been out as long as 6 weeks, to as little as 3 weeks. One mailing only. Price: $465 all inclusive/in housholds.

To date, I have gotten 12 hits from the cards. I have made 5 sales from those hits, totaling around $2K worth of business. As cold as it has been here, I would expect a few more calls by mid-May, and hopefully another sale or two.

I am reasonably happy with this result. I over tripled my input in sales.
My hit rate and sales rate are pretty average, but hey to hit the averages gives a guy some confidence for future attempts.

jada86
05-04-2011, 07:38 AM
This is not bad at all. You covered your costs, made 1000 people aware of your business, made 5 sales. If you send another mailing out in 1 to 1-1/2 months as season warms, you will probably see your return increase. Keep hittin' em! :hammerhead:

pickupman96
05-04-2011, 09:27 AM
I sent out about 6k and they have been out now for just over 2 weeks. I have gotten about 10 calls and closed 6 of them for weekly mowing. Wish i had the success rate you did.

dlonestar
05-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Awesome results, direct mail can be tough

PostcardMania
05-04-2011, 06:58 PM
As promised, I am posting results of my direct mail campaign for others to see.

The last week of March, I had 1000 4x6 postcards mailed to 3 saturation routes by Adeas. Actually, about 900 were mailed by Adeas. The remaining apprx. 100 were sent to me to address and mail myself (postage paid on these too). So, these cards have been out as long as 6 weeks, to as little as 3 weeks. One mailing only. Price: $465 all inclusive/in housholds.

To date, I have gotten 12 hits from the cards. I have made 5 sales from those hits, totaling around $2K worth of business. As cold as it has been here, I would expect a few more calls by mid-May, and hopefully another sale or two.

I am reasonably happy with this result. I over tripled my input in sales.
My hit rate and sales rate are pretty average, but hey to hit the averages gives a guy some confidence for future attempts.

That's awesome! Keep it up, it's a continuous effort :)