PDA

View Full Version : First summer with the new TTHP

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-04-2011, 03:46 AM
From the off the lot to on the grass within 2 hours. Its already paid for itself. Lays down a heck of a cut to.

lawnguy27
05-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Sweet mower!!! Can you get more pictures?

scagrider22
05-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Nice mower but Im curious why you started mowing 2' from the sidewalk?

GravyTrain
05-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Nice mower but Im curious why you started mowing 2' from the sidewalk?

That's a good question. I've never seen it done that way, but I'm guessing there could be an aesthetic reason behind it.

Groomer
05-04-2011, 08:50 AM
He thinks he's shooting an exmark commercial.

Big Jake
05-04-2011, 12:41 PM
haha...noticed that too, what gives?

Darryl G
05-04-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm sure it's because the municipality owns up to there, lol.

grassman88
05-04-2011, 02:00 PM
hahaha i was thinking the same even if they did wouldnt you look better if u just cut to the sidewalk? lawn looks great tho!

Chevy z71
05-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Seet mower.

Darryl G
05-04-2011, 06:16 PM
TTHPs are pretty sweet mowers. I'm on my 10th season with mine and all I've had to do is replace the hydro belt a couple of times and change the bushings for the front casters, other than routine maintenance of course. I like that they moved the muffler. Mine ends up in shrubbery sometimes and I'm afraid I'm going to scorch it.

The only thing I don't like on mine, and I don't think they changed it, is that once in a while one thumb latch won't release all the way and so the mower will spin around in circles. I know it's an operator error thing but it can be kind of dangerous. I've had low branches get in there and have the same effect before. So just make sure you release both of those thumb latches all the way and don't get stuff caught up in the hydro controls.

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks guys! As far as the cheesy picture it was for my website. I had one of my photography buddies take that picture for me. Its lame I know. And to answer about staying away from the sidewalk its hard to see in the picture but the sidewalk drops off far enough to scalp so we just use a 21" for that little strip. Matches perfectly.

Showpropserv
05-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Is that the new x-series whatcha end up paying for that badboy if yo dont mind the main one that we have is an 01 with over 3000 hours and other than spindles belts and gen. maint it runs like a top good luck with it

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Yea Ive had the same thing happen with my thumb latch i get hung up every now and then on something and it goes crazy. Im not a fan of the muffler It blazes that left hand side height adjustment and gets everything down there hot as heck and if you have to adjust it for some reason while its hot you had better have some gloves. But I suppose the other style has it drawbacks to. Oh well.

Oakleaf landscape
05-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Looks good. You can tell it's not for the exmark commercial cause he doesn't have a collared shirt on. Congrats on your purchase!

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Here is a close up of the cut quality.

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Ha I wish it was an X-series. Its a 2010. Got a good deal on it though.

Greg78
05-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Holy cow if I had my TTHP deck set on the 3rd hole it would be cutting at 2.5" and I'd be scalping the heck out of some floratam LOL. I normally have mine all the way up at 4.5" or one notch from all the way up at 4".

Mine is a 36" so it might make some difference?

Darryl G
05-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Holy cow if I had my TTHP deck set on the 3rd hole it would be cutting at 2.5" and I'd be scalping the heck out of some floratam LOL. I normally have mine all the way up at 4.5" or one notch from all the way up at 4".

Mine is a 36" so it might make some difference?

I cut a lot of my thinner/crappier weedier lawn in the same position. The nicer ones are usually at 3.0 or 3.5. I run 16 to 20 psi in my rear tires though so that probably bring it up a bit. Looks good at the height he's cutting though, doesn't look scalped.

Showpropserv
05-04-2011, 07:05 PM
hell I wish the grass was that long frosty this morning here and snow on the 2nd

Greg78
05-04-2011, 07:07 PM
I cut a lot of my thinner/crappier weedier lawn in the same position. The nicer ones are usually at 3.0 or 3.5. I run 16 to 20 psi in my rear tires though so that probably bring it up a bit. Looks good at the height he's cutting though, doesn't look scalped.

I do the same if it is a crappy lawn I'll cut it at 3" but all my healthy floratam lawns will be cut in the 4" to 4.5" range. I'll agree it don't look like it is scalped that is why it struck me as odd that he was on the 3rd hole it didn't look that bad.

bobcat48
05-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Nice mower:weightlifter:

Greg78
05-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Forgot to say....Nice mower, congratulations. I like my TTHP but I think I am going to retire it for a Vantage.

Southern Pride
05-04-2011, 08:41 PM
I LOVE the Turf Tracers man. Owning a 36" Metro belt drive sure makes one appreciate Hydro, and those big turf tires. I was shooting for the Turf Tracer but got a hell of a deal on my Toro. Basically the same mower though, minus elec. start.

For me, the biggest pro about these hydro walk behinds vs. belt is it's reverse ability and to be able and control it like a ztr. Leaves a much cleaner look in general and in small areas.

I also wish half my yards had real quality grass like that.

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Haha Greg78 yea I was tempted at my dealer with a Vantage.They are nice thats for sure....I guess Im just a walk behind kinda guy. Always have and I believe I always will be. And I completely agree with you southern pride. I have a 36'' metro too. I avoid it like the plague if I can. It looks good sitting on the trailer though. lol.

snapper
05-04-2011, 10:21 PM
third hole should be 2.5". As far as i can find out, there is no difference in the tthp and the new turf tracer s-series. The s series is the same a tthp and x series is the same as the full size turf tracer. sweet mower!! you will love it!

later!! chris

HitchC&L
05-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Awesome mower

Awesome picture

I have a 52" TT just a few years older and love it, Its paid for so I cant complain but Id love to add a new machine like yours at some point. I hope you have good luck with it which Im sure you will.

Whoever you have taking pictures for you, get some more, they look very very professional and they will be a great addition to your website.

Southern Pride
05-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Haha Greg78 yea I was tempted at my dealer with a Vantage.They are nice thats for sure....I guess Im just a walk behind kinda guy. Always have and I believe I always will be. And I completely agree with you southern pride. I have a 36'' metro too. I avoid it like the plague if I can. It looks good sitting on the trailer though. lol.

lol that's too funny. I started w/ my 36 last year and I was in love with that thing. It still is the most reliable and "best condition" mower I have, however getting a hydro 48 is one of those "How the hell did I ever manage without one" type of buys. I don't mean to make it sound that extreme, but it definitely is nice. Wish I could have landed a Turf Tracer. The Metro definitely does a lot of sitting now unless I have to use it for a certain fenced in backyard.

Do you use a 2 wheel sulky? I do and I constantly hear guys say you have to have a swivel sulky (non trailering) to back it up right but I'm able to back straight up with my 2 wheel or even back up and around a turn if I need to. Just wondering what your situation is, interested to see if you can back yours too.

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Ok here is a picture of my money making rig. Last picture I have till I get some more taken. Thanks for all the replies I really appreciate it! Its a 97 by the way.

Scag413
05-04-2011, 11:56 PM
What size is that trailer? 12' or 14'? It looks like a 12' to me. I love my 12' Tandem. I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. It sure was hard to find. Did you buy yours used or new?

Southern Pride
05-04-2011, 11:59 PM
cutgrassforguns, you just run your TT and that 36 you mentioned? That is the exact same setup I run on my 12' single axle trailer. It's pretty ideal. Do you mainly work solo or have help?

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-05-2011, 01:11 AM
What size is that trailer? 12' or 14'? It looks like a 12' to me. I love my 12' Tandem. I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. It sure was hard to find. Did you buy yours used or new?

It is a 12' and yes it was hard to find. Had to have a shop in town custom build it. I don't see many of them around. That second axle comes in handy.

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-05-2011, 01:14 AM
cutgrassforguns, you just run your TT and that 36 you mentioned? That is the exact same setup I run on my 12' single axle trailer. It's pretty ideal. Do you mainly work solo or have help?

Oh yea talk about ideal. You can move through some grass with that setup. 2 walk behinds look good on the trailer to. I usually have one full time guy and then another part timer. I work both of them during peak growing season.

Southern Pride
05-05-2011, 01:58 AM
Very nice. Yeah both my walkbehinds fit in a line with the perfect amount of room for the push mow on the back. That's with both sulky hitched up tho. My problem is most my friends I hire are too scared to run the walk behind. I don't want em to run it off a curb either...or they'll say they've ridden a walkbehind and can't even keep it running lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Very nice. Yeah both my walkbehinds fit in a line with the perfect amount of room for the push mow on the back. That's with both sulky hitched up tho. My problem is most my friends I hire are too scared to run the walk behind. I don't want em to run it off a curb either...or they'll say they've ridden a walkbehind and can't even keep it running lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh thats the best. Ive had guys tell me they can run a hydro and get on the TT and look down at the controls with a blank stare. I just tell them to get the hell off and start edging. Most of my friends are terrified of the 52" TT. I tell them its the same thing as the 36". They tell me im crazy.

bobcat48
05-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Real nice mowing rig!

Southern Pride
05-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Oh thats the best. Ive had guys tell me they can run a hydro and get on the TT and look down at the controls with a blank stare. I just tell them to get the hell off and start edging. Most of my friends are terrified of the 52" TT. I tell them its the same thing as the 36". They tell me im crazy.

LOL I'm never going to get big in this business because I'd rather have it that way anyway. Yeah they can use the trimmers but I like to be the only one operating my machines. I take dang good care of them and you know the second you hand them over to a couple guys, they're gonna get beat the heck up.

Darryl G
05-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Yea Ive had the same thing happen with my thumb latch i get hung up every now and then on something and it goes crazy. Im not a fan of the muffler It blazes that left hand side height adjustment and gets everything down there hot as heck and if you have to adjust it for some reason while its hot you had better have some gloves. But I suppose the other style has it drawbacks to. Oh well.

Yeah, good point about the muffler. I guess I'd rather scorch some shrubs than my hand, lol.

ndols2
05-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Love those ECS controls.... It does look like a ad for Exmark!!!!

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-10-2011, 01:04 AM
I have heard that to about the 2 wheel sulky. I have the exmark single wheel sulky for my TT but I have run a hydro with 2 wheels and didnt have a problem backing up. I think it just comes down to skill. Seems we have enough skill to do it. lol

Southern Pride
05-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Yep, it's all in the hips and not trying to back up until the sulky is straight. Then the skill comes in handy :D

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Haha true! Hey I dont know if you have the answer or not but im trying to put the picture of my truck in that other thread. But when I try to upload it onto that thread it says ive already posted it here. Can I not post it anywhere else?

Southern Pride
05-10-2011, 01:29 AM
Hmm I'm not sure what you mean by the other thread? You have another thread going or are you referring to another page within this thread?

Either way you just have to copy the url link from photobucket or whatever you use and it posts up everytime. I don't think you can just directly upload from your computer.

944own
05-10-2011, 01:36 AM
Like the f150 does it have the 4.6 or the 5.4 I have a 2000 model and I wish I had the 5.4.

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-10-2011, 01:39 AM
It has the 4.6 in it. I have a full K&N intake kit on it though and it really helps when Im towing the trailer. Shes got plenty of horses for what I do with it. I have a 2006 F-150 with the 5.4 and I love it.

944own
05-10-2011, 01:43 AM
It has the 4.6 in it. I have a full K&N intake kit on it though and it really helps when Im towing the trailer. Shes got plenty of horses for what I do with it. I have a 2006 F-150 with the 5.4 and I love it.

I might look into the k&n does it make a big difference mine struggles a bit when towing I used to use a Yukon with a 5.7 and it almost seemed like nothing was back there.lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Icutgrasstobuyguns
05-10-2011, 01:49 AM
I highly recommend it! I mean there is no replacement for displacement but It sure does help on your on your high end power band. I do have magnaflow exhaust on it to. Getting an intake with no exhaust is like taking a deep breath and letting it out slow. You need both to get a good gain.