PDA

View Full Version : First Patio Installation help

Pahl's Lawn & landscape
05-04-2011, 02:51 PM
I am doing my first patio coming up here in a couple weeks. It is about 350 sq ft of pretty much square with it rounded off at the end. I was thinking about doing it at around $18 a sq ft. with a 4 inch base i would need about 4 1/2 yards of cass 5 and for 2 inches of sand around 2 yards just to be on the safe side. Its for a family friends so im not to concerned about making a bunch of money i just want them to get a good finish product. For all you pros out there in hardscaping do you think im going down the right road on material and pricing? there wont be much for excavation the areas is pretty much flat already just going to have to dig down where the patio is. Any help would be great. Thanks!

OutdoorCreations
05-04-2011, 06:42 PM
I would say that that price is on the high side for what you have described if it already for the most part level and flat.

-Excavate
-Lay down Geotextile fabric
-Lay a 4" compacted 2A Modified base
-Lay 1" of concrete sand
-Lay pavers
-Compact pavers
-Sweep in Polymeric sand
-Compact as needed to work poly sand into joints
-Blow off extra and wet down
-Collect a check and have a cold one!

DVS Hardscaper
05-04-2011, 08:05 PM
how did you come to the number you stated, where did that derive?

PatriotLandscape
05-04-2011, 09:18 PM
call a local competitor and ask what they charge that way you know the going rate for your area
Posted via Mobile Device

SDLandscapes VT
05-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Pahl's--4.5 inches of base seems light for Minnetonka and that price seems a little low for that market.