PDA

View Full Version : Big news!!!!

SCBigE
05-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Stihl finally has change the fuelcaps! saw on an fs 90r today. They swithched the cap to the same ones the br420 and br 380 has. No more fuel cap problems!!!!!!!!!!!

georgiagrass
05-05-2011, 03:51 AM
If that is true, that is great news.

topsites
05-05-2011, 06:53 AM
This whole fuel cap thing is the perfect example of what I speak of when I mention
that they have totally over-engineered things, sadly I find that most lawn
mowers fall under this category today.

Yes, the whole machine.

At least that's one thing the folks at the Stihl corporation never fell prey to, save one little fuel cap,
but at least the rest of their equipment doesn't sport crap it doesn't need.

ALC-GregH
05-05-2011, 06:59 AM
This whole fuel cap thing is the perfect example of what I speak of when I mention
that they have totally over-engineered things, sadly I find that most lawn
mowers fall under this category today.

Yes, the whole machine.

At least that's one thing the folks at the Stihl corporation never fell prey to, save one little fuel cap,
but at least the rest of their equipment doesn't sport crap it doesn't need.

Hummm, my Scag isn't over engineered.

ffemt1271
05-05-2011, 08:10 AM
I sent STIHL an e-mail and this was the reply i recieved........

We are in receipt of and thank you for your email. We are not
going away from the twist lock design we have improved the design
actually. It now functions more smoothly and you no longer have to line
it up to insert it. Thank you again for your email and if we can be of
any further assistance please feel free to contact us again.

White Gardens
05-05-2011, 08:54 AM
I like that twist lock style, and if they are at least sticking with the concept then that's fine with me. Just being able to use my trimmer for shrubs and not having the cap leak is what I like about it.

I used to shake my head when I hear people complain about the caps, but recently I'm starting to agree with people. A couple of times I've lined the cap up right, put it on, and even tugged on it to make sure it's on correct and it would still pop off.

bc3xx0
05-05-2011, 09:40 AM
This is great news!!! What was stihl thinking when they designed a cap that had an IQ requirement of 7 to operate instead of a previous requirement of 3!!

Good move stihl!!! Sometimes dumbing it back down is a smart move in itself! Maybe they should put arrows to indicate lefty loosey, righty tightey!!!

lotsagrass
05-05-2011, 12:02 PM
It now functions more smoothly and you no longer have to line it up to insert it.

That sounds good.