PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Fees

nativeCO
05-04-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm thinking about setting up some sort of online payment. For the last 20 years I've just accepted checks, which can be a pain in the ass to get from people sometimes. Does anyone know if there are fees involved with online payment, and if so, is it appropriate to charge that fee to the customer?

Georgia Lawn Works LLC
05-09-2011, 09:38 PM
With credit card processing every 10000 you gross and process through your merchant you can expect to pay about 300 in fees. Right now we have decided to continue to accept checks with the exception of one time customers that specifically ask if we accept credit cards for convience purposes only.
Posted via Mobile Device

Georgia Lawn Works LLC
05-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I do think it is nessary to charge for these fees (part of doing business) but not directly in conjunction with the payment process instead you should include them in your hourly rate just as all of you other expenses are.
Posted via Mobile Device

j-ville native
05-10-2011, 08:44 AM
credit cards aren't worth it. as GLW said you have to pay like $300. To make up for this you will have to start charging your customers a "convenience fee" every time they pay with a credit card. Nobody wants to pay any fees so they will revert back to paying with checks.

WheatBookkeeping
05-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Tell the customer they qualify for a discount if they pay by cash or check otherwise its going to be full price. Or they can get a credit card fee waiver if their monthly spending is over a certain threshold which you determine.

Example: My monthly bill is $130.
If I pay cash or check, I pay $125.
If I pay by CC, I pay $130.
If my bill exceeds $130, I can pay $125 cash or check or with CC.

mdlwn1
05-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Or just raise your prices 3 percent.