PDA

View Full Version : Anyone noticing more and more biweekly accounts?

Hardcore5657
05-05-2011, 10:58 AM
If I get 5 calls a day 4 of them are for biweekly and 1 is for someone looking for a job.
Posted via Mobile Device

GravyTrain
05-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Down here, only my commercial account do I mow weekly. Most other lawns are on a 10-14 day cycle, leaning more towards the 14 day. Most all my customers are on a monthly payment plan, so they don't really care, I just mow when the grass needs it, and around here, 10-14 gets the job done without the grass ever getting out of hand.

chris@perfectlawncare
05-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Because of the rain, currently we're running behind, but no... I don't have any. People who want that in our area are typically price shoppers anyway
Posted via Mobile Device

TexasFire221
05-05-2011, 01:36 PM
I have 65 accounts and 2 are weekly. We have only had 1.55 inches of rain to date this year so the grass doesnt hardly grow much in a week. Even the sprinklered yards dont grow much. And I cant stand 10 day mows, it totally throws off my schedule so I try not to do them.

MMADDUX
05-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Yah it seems to me as even some of my existing customers want biweekly. They are always like. I just don't think it needs it or I am on a budget. Just trying to save money like all of us but do not realize that they are making it harder on us cutting the grass.

Kreios
05-05-2011, 02:34 PM
It is the same here but 95% of my biweeklies are elderly people.
Posted via Mobile Device

jsslawncare
05-05-2011, 02:40 PM
If I get 5 calls a day 4 of them are for biweekly and 1 is for someone looking for a job.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's funny. I get 5 calls a day and 4 are looking for jobs and 1 is a telemarketer.

georgiagrass
05-05-2011, 06:19 PM
In the south Atlanta suburbs where we do most of our business, weekly cuts are rare. Bi-weekly is the norm. A few years ago, I had some success getting customers to go to 3X per month but it was all but impossible to maintain a schedule so I quit doing that.

THEGOLDPRO
05-05-2011, 06:20 PM
everyone of my lawns are weekly cuts.

johnyredd99
05-05-2011, 09:41 PM
customers want to be cheap. lawns here are cut weekly. but many cutting back on expenses think they will screw the lawn guy by going biweekly. I'm a small company that depends on the weekly income to support my family. I have thought about asking customers to call att, comcast, or thier electric company and ask them if they can have biweekly service from them instead. or why dont they just call them when They Think they need the service.
but instead I smile and im greatful to take thier money. but, weekly service is charged weekly if biweekly service or "when they think" service is charged accordingly. higher grass, longer time, more wear and tear. sometimes its just cheaper if these cheap PITA customers would just let me show up and do my job

knox gsl
05-05-2011, 09:55 PM
I wish I had more bi-weekly as I charge 25% more for that service. If I could get a 25% raise 1 day a week that would help. Also my few bi-weekly people don't care about the quality as long as most of it gets knocked down.

weeze
05-05-2011, 09:56 PM
if you did weekly cuts only you wouldn't be in business down here....most everyone wants bi-weekly...i have 2 weekly accounts...and even when i go to cut them the grass barely needs to be cut...and we've been getting alot of rain...i can imagine in july and august they won't be needing to be cut every week....the best thing would be if everyone wanted their yard cut every 1 1/2 weeks....but it wouldn't work unless everyone wanted it that way...so bi weekly it is...i do charge less for weekly accounts though but people just can't afford it i guess....even alot of the commercial accounts want bi weekly here.

rcslawncare
05-05-2011, 09:57 PM
I do my best to stay on weekly cuts, especially commercial accounts. I have been getting calls wanted quotes cut in half and then bi-weekly cuts. With this growing season, I don't have time to mess with those.