PDA

View Full Version : wright 36 problem! wont cut! HELP!

doneritelawncare
05-05-2011, 07:25 PM
I have a wright 36 hydro walk behind ! bought it new about 7 years ago! last summer the mower started cutting bad. Like the grass is pused over instead of cut clean. Tall grass is worse having to go over the spot 2 to 3 times. I have changed to every kind of blade high lift ,mulching, factory, that didnt fix it. Next I REPLACED THE ARM BUSHINGS ON THE DECK TO THE WHEELS. Then the wheels and bairings. New belt! One new pulley. New spindle that was making a racket this spring on the discharge side ! Took it to bob lawerance power eq in asheville (a wright dealer ) told them to fix what ever it was ! They charged me 450.00 for 2 hydro hoses belt ,arm tensioner under the cover! No dice! I have took the cover off while We mow Dont see any problems ! When you cut it left the corner seems to miss a 3 inch wide strip. I have had it . Anyone got any ideas. Compression check had one cyl. at 70lbs and one at 60ish.

robertsturf
05-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Is it possible the deck is warped? How about the clutch?

topsites
05-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Blade Belt tension?

I'm sorry, I just don't know what else to think, other than maybe it's the wrong blade (too short).

alexschultz1
05-06-2011, 11:17 AM
PTo clutch would be a good guess, belt tension, wrong belt maybe? Order the belt from wright.
Posted via Mobile Device