PDA

View Full Version : New(to me) RC30 - Question About Hydraulics

turfquip
05-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Just purchased a 2007 w/150 hours set up with a Vernig 4 in 1 bucket. Love it but the bucket closes too hard....unnecessarily and violently fast.

Is there a way to turn the flow down? I want all the PSI, but more control over closing speed.

Thanks!

74inchShovel
05-05-2011, 10:32 PM
This may help, it may not- the thumb speed on my mini is adjusted by turning factory stop valves mounted on the boom, this on the advice from the dealer. It is esentially the same set up- electric switch controls a hydraulic valve, its all or nothing as far as flow from the valve. If you go this route, get good quality valves that are hard to turn from a hydraulic shop, so the flow does not change adjustments.

Digdeep
05-05-2011, 11:53 PM
I think the RC30 is just like my RC50 in that it is a gear pump so the flow if rpm dependent. If you want to slow down the speed at which the bucket closes you need to reduce RPMs. The pressure will still be there.
Posted via Mobile Device

minimax
05-06-2011, 01:06 AM
You can add needle valves to the bucket hyd. line and slow down as much as you want.You can get them at a hyd. shop or from a place like northern tools.

minimax

Digdeep
05-06-2011, 09:52 AM
You can add needle valves to the bucket hyd. line and slow down as much as you want.You can get them at a hyd. shop or from a place like northern tools.

minimax

Good call. I've even seen washers used on Bobcats back in the day. It worked although I'm not sure it was the best fix.

ccstrebe
05-06-2011, 10:17 AM
I have also used the washer method. Very simple fix. Got it at a hydrulic business.