PDA

View Full Version : MY yard gets no love

ndols2
05-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Am I the only one, or does your yard get no love? I have lived in my current house for 3 years, and I still haven't done almost any landscaping. I did however, test different Fertilizers, and spreaders. So about a 1000sq of the front is pretty burnt up...I keep telling my wife "this is the year we do all the landscaping''

Runner
05-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Yeah, and the painter's house needs paint and the mechanic's car needs work...

chuacro
05-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Yeah, before I started in this business I had one of the best lawns on the block. Now I hide the truck in the back yard untill I catch up on mowing and give time to my own lawn.

knox gsl
05-06-2011, 12:13 AM
When I moved into my house a few years ago it was by far the worst, but is now one of the better lawns. I've removed 19 trees from it, a pool, rotten deck, ivy pit, wood fence and approximately 40 bushes. I only have 6 more trees to go and then start on my new deck in the back.

j-ville native
05-06-2011, 12:20 AM
No man, i keep my lawn looking good. If you keep it looking great and stay friendly with the neighbors then you should pick up some great business in your neighborhood. I currently do my neighbor's yard and at my old house I actually had 5 lawns in a row right across the street from my house.

gebby
05-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Mine usually gets done last. This year I commited to do it first. So far so good.

ndols2
05-06-2011, 12:29 AM
I keep it cut and stripped really nice, I just have no landscaping. I really am motivated to get it in shape this year, and show case it. I live on a busy street!

flatlander42
05-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Mine gets cut once a month if it needs it or not.

grassman177
05-06-2011, 01:15 AM
my lawn is a show place, could not have it any other way.

KINGMADE
05-06-2011, 01:19 AM
lol, my significant other told me she was going to hire a lawn guy the other day. I said go ahead. We bought a foreclosure that needs a ton of lawn work. I just dont feel like messing with it right now.

Km81
05-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Mine gets cut once a month if it needs it or not.

Same here!

JB1
05-06-2011, 08:05 AM
mine always looks great, gets cut once if not twice a week.

ALC-GregH
05-06-2011, 08:49 AM
mine always looks great, gets cut once if not twice a week.

same here.

White Gardens
05-06-2011, 09:19 AM
My wife is out of school and working this year, so I'm making sure to not be quit as stressed out about work and take the time to keep my place looking top notch.

That and my neighbor across the alley is having me mow his lawn this year, so now I have no excuse to keep mine mowed as I just get them done at the same time.

I'm slowing getting the landscape in shape. Had over 300 tulips bloom and all my hostas are filling in on one side. The rest of it though I've had major artistic block as every time I look at the unfinished sections I draw a mental blank on what I want to do. Luckily I've had a couple of Eureka moments and now it's a matter of getting it done.

Groomer
05-06-2011, 10:13 AM
I try to keep mine nice.

Dogbonz
05-06-2011, 02:27 PM
:headphones:

ON my way out to do mine now,,, then I need to spray for the Dandylions!!! :walking:

Monster Lawn Care
05-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Groomer, that looks great! I like stone work. Those spruce look like they're getting too big for their britches!

Bajany
05-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Am I the only one, or does your yard get no love? I have lived in my current house for 3 years, and I still haven't done almost any landscaping. I did however, test different Fertilizers, and spreaders. So about a 1000sq of the front is pretty burnt up...I keep telling my wife "this is the year we do all the landscaping''

My lawn is about the worst looking one on the street, but my mowers look better than anyone else's. I wish I could make mine look as nice as my customers yards.
Posted via Mobile Device

freshprince94
05-06-2011, 07:52 PM
I have a pretty nice lawn and the house had decent landscaping when I moved in. I keep my front lawn maintained just as nice as any other property I do. However, my back lawn does not get the same attention due to the "it's fenced in, so nobody can see it" factor. It gets mowed once every one-two weeks, but I am always too tired to weedeat the back lawn.