PDA

View Full Version : Ok How Much?

KINGMADE
05-06-2011, 12:00 AM
I have a customer that wants mulch put around 8 small trees and about 24 sq. feet of sod installed with minimal prep. It is a good paying account but I still would like to make some money. I currently mow the lawn for 260 a month. Would you do it at cost to make them happy or charge a decent amount and get what you can. The 260 a month is a steal as it is. If you would charge what would you charge not including material cost? It is not a trip out of the way as we will be mowing it tomorrow anyway.

topsites
05-06-2011, 06:22 AM
There you have it in a nutshell, the whole problem with discount accounts.

ALC-GregH
05-06-2011, 07:43 AM
So you're having problems making money? You need to charge what the job is worth. I'm in it to make a living, not do favors all day.

knox gsl
05-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Charge what its worth and do it while you're already there.
Posted via Mobile Device

White Gardens
05-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Small trees? Go 60-80 a tree. There is never any "Light" prep work. There will always be some issue you will have to contend with.

KINGMADE
05-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Small trees? Go 60-80 a tree. There is never any "Light" prep work. There will always be some issue you will have to contend with.

lol yeah if I were installing the tree. We are just putting mulch around small charlie brown christmas trees. used about 8 cubic feet of mulch. Charged her 40. Took us a couple minutes to do. The sod will wait for another day as my supplier was out getting a new supply and I didnt have time to wait around. Ended up being 96 sq feet anyway. She just wants it laid on top with no prep. So you get what you pay for.