PDA

View Full Version : I told everyone but no one listen!

nobagger
05-06-2011, 04:47 AM
Today was the first day in a very long time it hasn't rained. We had 11.6" of rain just in April. Factor in the snow melt off and the 11+ inches of rain, as you can expect.....the ground is saturated. Typically we would have mowed all our customer's at least 2 or 3 times by now but some haven't been done yet! In anticipation of the 1 sunny day we're supposed to have the phone starts going crazy with the typical "when do you think your gonna be here". And, "my grass is getting really bad" Well no sh!t! Over the past couple weeks, I've notice companies out "trying" to mow but doing more harm then good leaving ruts, turf marks and brown streaks everywhere. So to appease the few people who I guess don't understand rain equals mess or the people who must never come out of their house until July, we mowed. I explained all the rain we've had doesn't go away with 1 day of sunshine. I did some fabulous art work Thumbs Up with everything from a rider to even a 21" Honda (which is kinda heavy by the way). I'm about ready to bring my Daughter's horse to help out.

MOturkey
05-06-2011, 08:32 AM
What I love even more are the ones that don't call anyone for service until their yard is 3 weeks overgrown, then call back 2 or 3 times wondering when you are going to get to it. :rolleyes:

weeze
05-06-2011, 08:24 PM
i'm amazed at how dumb some people are...it's like common sense doesn't exist anymore

D&F lawnmaster
05-06-2011, 09:21 PM
You can send some of that rain down in south mississippi. We have not had any rain for about three to four weeks. Good luck catching up with your lawns