PDA

View Full Version : Question: Selling Equipment

MOturkey
05-06-2011, 08:41 AM
This may seem to be a stupid question, but I'm thinking of selling one of my mowers instead of trading it in and I'm wondering how those of you who commonly sell larger items via Craigslist or other advertising ask for payment?

Years ago I would probably ask for a bank draft or something like that, and I know I may be paranoid, but with all the scams going on in this day and age, I'm wondering if even that is safe if the buyer is unknown? A friend of mine told me about someone he knows who sold his truck and trailer to a guy that he actually was acquainted with. The check bounced, and the guy skipped the country with his truck and trailer, never to be seen again.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

MJB
05-06-2011, 10:09 AM
This may seem to be a stupid question, but I'm thinking of selling one of my mowers instead of trading it in and I'm wondering how those of you who commonly sell larger items via Craigslist or other advertising ask for payment?

Years ago I would probably ask for a bank draft or something like that, and I know I may be paranoid, but with all the scams going on in this day and age, I'm wondering if even that is safe if the buyer is unknown? A friend of mine told me about someone he knows who sold his truck and trailer to a guy that he actually was acquainted with. The check bounced, and the guy skipped the country with his truck and trailer, never to be seen again.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

I accept Cash Only. no exceptions.

magilla12
05-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Cash or Postal money order.

blk90s13
05-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Like everyone else said GREENS only

SNAPPER MAN
05-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Cash only. Go with them to the bank so you know they are real c-notes.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOHUSTLER
05-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Cash in hand PERIOD!!!
only other exception is a money order made out to your name.

Greg78
05-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Greg78
05-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Cash. Go get one of those counterfeit pens from office depot or staples.
Posted via Mobile Device

topsites
05-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Buyers ain't stupid, they know the deal.

Agape
05-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Cash in hand PERIOD!!!
only other exception is a money order made out to your name.

whats a real money order look like?