PDA

View Full Version : Question about the quick mowers

StBalor
05-06-2011, 08:40 PM
I was not sure where to put this if it is in the wrong section i am sorry.

Thinking about buying a Quick 32 mower. what is the difference between the single hydo and dual hydros?
I mean is the 1000.00 difference for the dual worth it?

PTP
05-06-2011, 08:51 PM
The single hydro means that the mower will drive itself but you will have to do the steering manually.

The dual hydro means that the mower will do both the driving and the steering.

fatboynormmie
05-07-2011, 08:46 AM
sent you a pm

Exact Rototilling
05-12-2011, 10:24 PM
There seems to be a trend that whenever a Quick Single Hydro user upgrades to a Dually they automatically sell the Single. Will I sell my single hydro.....? Not so quick.

Depending on conditions the single can be faster to mow in some situations where there is much turning around...such as my commercial property. I can blaze through that property with my Q36 single but if I use the Dually 32 I have to be very careful about chewing up the with turf when turning and my mowing time climbs dramatically. Granted turning the single hydro can be more tiring but fast rapid turns can be made that are very low impact to the turf at the expense of physical exertion.

Truthfully if I had known about the wet grass performance of the Ybravo 25 before last December I probably would of skipped buying the Dually 44 & 32 and just bought a Dually 36 since that deck size is the most versatile for the accounts I have.

I will be posted a YBravo 25 vs. Quickie 32 review mid season after I log more hours with both machines.

If you have a limited amount of accounts a single Quick can work well for a solo.

ommegang
05-29-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't understand why you would chew up less grass by turning by hand. Wouldn't you have to muscle it to turn theerby twisting? I am considering a quicki 36 single myself.

ecurbthims
05-29-2011, 06:43 PM
the dual hydro turns by powering the wheel in the corner which can rut the grass ,the single hydro doesnt power through the corners so it doesnt rut the grass .

Exact Rototilling
05-30-2011, 12:29 AM
the dual hydro turns by powering the wheel in the corner which can rut the grass ,the single hydro doesnt power through the corners so it doesnt rut the grass .

This is correct...one could in fact turn faster with a dually but at the expense of the divots in the turf. The singles open differential will allow you to make almost top speed turns without much concern for turf damage. I like the fold down step saver on the Q36 as well. Bop dually sulky can in.fact exaggerate damage to turf when turning. It's best to hop off when turning 180° depending on turf conditions and slope.

Would I sell my Q36 single? Maybe ...but only if I bought a 36 dually.

The single will tire you out faster but if you're younger say under 45 and you need to save a few $ but still want to buy a new mower....?

Just make sure you get the single notch ultra hi lift blades for the 36....essential when bagging grass. Standard blades do fine to ok with side discharge and with mulch plate installed and nominal growth. Single notch ultra hi lifts on all BOP mowers makes a big difference when bagging.

I will post a BOP blade review and ultimate cross reference thread for all 3 deck sizes...maybe June or July...been in survival mode lately on all fronts...need to get caught up. Lawnsite is my only diversion ...zero time for TV.
Posted via Mobile Device