PDA

View Full Version : CLEAN DECK AND MO DECK, anyone use them?

Diddy
05-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi i was wondering of anyone uses clean deck or mo deck on the bottom of your mower decks, or maybe u use something else. Please let me know. Thanks for the help

jnrogers
05-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I use fluid film. When I shut the blades off the grass just slides right out.

Diddy
05-08-2011, 10:30 AM
I use fluid film. When I shut the blades off the grass just slides right out.

ok so if you cut wet grass it isnt a problem because the grass slides right off when your done?

jnrogers
05-08-2011, 12:04 PM
ok so if you cut wet grass it isnt a problem because the grass slides right off when your done?

For the most part yes. In the heavy spring cuttings when its wet you might have to get a puddy knife, but you just have to sort of wipe it around you dont have to put any effort into it. I also use it on my tractor implements and my locks and other stuff. I like it so far. Its about 8 bucks a can. One thing to be careful of is when you cut wet grass be sure not to turn the blades off in someones driveway it will leave a pile of green grass and stain it.

Diddy
05-08-2011, 04:58 PM
For the most part yes. In the heavy spring cuttings when its wet you might have to get a puddy knife, but you just have to sort of wipe it around you dont have to put any effort into it. I also use it on my tractor implements and my locks and other stuff. I like it so far. Its about 8 bucks a can. One thing to be careful of is when you cut wet grass be sure not to turn the blades off in someones driveway it will leave a pile of green grass and stain it.

thank you. how many times do you have to apply it

jnrogers
05-09-2011, 08:26 PM
thank you. how many times do you have to apply it

I sharpen my blades every 25hrs and coat under the deck then. I have 3 mowers and several tractor implements and I go through around 3 to 4 cans a year.