PDA

View Full Version : What herbicides?

South Florida Lawns
05-08-2011, 12:45 AM
What do you guys us for maintaining beds? I have been using Roundup quick pro, but I just bought some Glystar yesterday and am anxious to see the results. This stuff is super cheap about half the cost of roundup, it does have less glyphosate then the quick pro. My friend says the big boys use some kind of acid on commercial properties.

Patriot Services
05-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Super cheap may cost you more in the long run if the gly strength is already cut. I am willing to bet there is no surfactant in it either.
Posted via Mobile Device

Floridalandcare
05-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Thats all we use and no problem at all .

Keith
05-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Some have surf added, some don't. I found Razor Pro to be as good as any. I usually save the QP for those jobs where the weeds may have gone unattended for a week or two. Then again, I think Scythe and glyphosate do an even better job, but make sure you clean your sprayer after using it.

Ric
05-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Some have surf added, some don't. I found Razor Pro to be as good as any. I usually save the QP for those jobs where the weeds may have gone unattended for a week or two. Then again, I think Scythe and glyphosate do an even better job, but make sure you clean your sprayer after using it.

Keith

I do so many lawn burn outs that I keep a 65 gallon skid sprayer on a trailer ready to go at all times. I am doing a lot of sub contract work for various landscapers.

My point is from a material cost stand point, I have found Scythe and Glyphosate is the quickest and most economical weed killer I can use. Quick Pro doesn't compare in both price and speed of response. Only add some 2, 4-D or I like a 3 way and you get a burn down in less than a week.

Roundup/Glyphosate is an acid and by adding other acids to it you really get a burn down.

Yes Chinese Glyphosate has been discussed several time here.

South Florida Lawns
05-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Forgot to mention it has a surfactant. I know it has less gly thats why I'm curious on the results.

South Florida Lawns
06-07-2011, 09:31 PM
This stuff works really well. Best stuff we have used, and we use far less of it than Quick pro.

I will say on overgrown weeds it takes longer to burn down, but the results are fantastic once dead the stuff is completely wiped out. You end up using less chemical and once on top of your beds it seems as though nothing wants to regrow in that area.

Now I did add an adjuvant that seems to multiply the performance of the gly, seems all the guys I talk to say what I added is a waste and works against, but it works and works well.

If your interested PM me and I'll share more info!

Johnagain
06-07-2011, 10:10 PM
I use the cheap stuff from Tractor Supply. I purchased a bunch of 2.5 gl when they had them on sale at $29 each. I add Sureguard and get a burn down less then a week and only have to spray 2 1/2- 3 months.

bug-guy
06-08-2011, 07:44 AM
I use the cheap stuff from Tractor Supply. I purchased a bunch of 2.5 gl when they had them on sale at $29 each. I add Sureguard and get a burn down less then a week and only have to spray 2 1/2- 3 months.

i second on the sureguard, it's exspensive but save a spray or two