PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander ZK... First day out.

LawnGuy73
05-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Wanted to take a minute and thanks Wright for producing another truely awesome product, the Stander ZK.

We have been running Standers since 2001 when we got rid of all of our Great Dane Surfers. We bought two new Stander ZKs in March of this year and let me tell you that they are worth every penny of the nearly $19,000 spent on the two machines. These two were not bought to be used on clean ups so we just started using them on Thursday for general mowing, with about 20 hours of use between both machines - I'm sold!

These ZKs stripe like mad, cut like a greens mower, have tons of power, and are very comfortable to ride. Even at 14 mph....

So once again, anyone on the fence about buying a Wright Stander ZK they are well worth the investment.

RandallM
05-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Nice pic and beautiful cut.

Cooter
05-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Let us know how it cuts tall or wet grass. Pic looks good.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
05-08-2011, 07:51 PM
the real test, thick wet grass. i am sure in moderate conditions it is a great mower, but i am sure it will get clogged, something ours did constantly

robertsturf
05-08-2011, 09:17 PM
I can tell its early in your mowing season wait until the grass gets sticky and wet. Then report how well they cut. They are very durable I'll give them that but in wet, damp conditions, not so much!

LawnGuy73
05-09-2011, 06:38 AM
A litle more feedback on this lawn. It is a property that we just picked up, it was not cut at all in the month of October last year, and we did not do a clean up on this lawn. The grass was about 6" long and still had a little bit of dew on it, as it was at about 10 am. The cutting height was at 3.25", there was very little clumpping and no uneven or missed blades. We did do a double cut on this lawn just to get rid of the clumps that were there, but overall I'm very impressed with this machine.

Sorry I should have included that in my first post for you guys.

LiveGreenLawn
05-09-2011, 09:20 AM
I looked at this mower at the trade show. Keep us updated. More pics of mower please.
Posted via Mobile Device

THG
05-09-2011, 10:14 AM
I have never used Wrights before but we purchased a Stander X last week and so far it disperses and cuts just as good as my velocity decks. Being new to the Wright line I have nothing to compare it to but was told the deck was redesigned to address the clumping issues. We have about 22 hours on this mower and have not had any issues with clumping at all so far. I am also new to standers but this mower has sold me on them.

LawnGuy73
05-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I looked at this mower at the trade show. Keep us updated. More pics of mower please.
Posted via Mobile Device

I will get you more pictures when Im at the shop tomorrow. We are getting rained out today....

robertsturf
05-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Wow editing out constructively negitive posts again!

robertsturf
05-09-2011, 04:17 PM

Sorry wrong thread!!!

Andyshine77
05-09-2011, 04:19 PM

LOL They deleted whole threads of mine before, so it's not surprising.

dishboy
05-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Don't like the wheel tracks.

GMLC
05-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Looks good. I have been considering standers for a while and like wrights which are built tough!! Keep us posted through out the season.

LawnGuy73
05-09-2011, 06:23 PM

Oh, it was wet I'll say that much. We have been getting plenty of rain here lately!

TMlawncare
05-09-2011, 10:08 PM
We have a 61 zk and have put about 450hrs on it. Very fast, nimble. Very compact when you are on it. The deck, leaves less clumping than our Exmark 60" ultracuts in heavy growth. The deck cuts the clippings up very fine. It does not throw the clippings as high or far as the Exmarks. This can be a big plus in tight areas. The deck cuts very cleanly but could use a little more suction. We are going to put some more aggressive high lifts blades on. This could solve that problem. Also the discharge side of the deck seems to scalp a little. You must be careful because the deck sticks out a little at the rear of the discharge opening. All zk owners will experience this design oversight. Wet mowing, does better then the Exmark ultracut in the wet. You will still need to become familiar with your scaper though. Does not clump in the wet nearly as bad as I was expecting. Overall a very good machine. Wish it had a striping roller option. Wright are you listening.

Lawn Pawn
05-09-2011, 10:26 PM
May I ask if the new X was ever a contender for your consideration?

Stopped over to your dealer a few weeks ago and ran an X around their lot a bit.
It is a piece or art... at least in my opinion. Not that the ZK is not decent as well.

LawnGuy73
05-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Hey thanks for the reply. We have the 61" ZK, and 52" ZK. I haven't had a chance to use the 61" much yet, tomorrow hopefully! If the rain holds off for a day...

HPSInc
05-09-2011, 10:54 PM
i checked out a demo for sale but they still wanted 8500 with 20 hours on the machine. i paid 7k for a brand new v-ride with .1 hours. however im not taking anything away from the ZK. they do look awesome and the 14mph is pretty fast. so congrats on the sweet rides

LawnGuy73
05-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Here you go, a couple more pictures of the mowers. It has rained like nine out of the last ten days here so the mowers are a little less then clean.

I will get more pictures next week when they are clean again if you'd like. :waving:

LawnGuy73
05-14-2011, 10:05 AM
I plan to do a full report on the ZKs as well here when I get a chance. That way I can tell you the likes, and dislikes of the machine. At this point there are a ton of likes and only a couple of dislikes.

Have a good weekend! :drinkup:

Oakleaf landscape
05-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Glad you like them. I love mine!!!

tacoma200
05-14-2011, 08:20 PM
From what time I have spent on them, and the video's of others on them, and comparing them to the regular Wrights, they seem to be the best balanced of all stand on ZTR's. Just an opinion but we had a video of a guy last year on this site stopping repeatedly going up, down, and across slopes and it was impressive.

LawnGuy73
05-14-2011, 08:31 PM
From what time I have spent on them, and the video's of others on them, and comparing them to the regular Wrights, they seem to be the best balanced of all stand on ZTR's. Just an opinion but we had a video of a guy last year on this site stopping repeatedly going up, down, and across slopes and it was impressive.

Is that the YouTube video?
Posted via Mobile Device

tacoma200
05-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Is that the YouTube video?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, it was on a youtube video that was linked on a Lawnsite post. The member (forgot his name) would run up a slope, stop, start, and then come down the slope stopping and starting. Never spun a wheel that I could tell. They brought me a demo and it was very balanced. I kept a regular Wright stander for a few weeks and while it would climb almost anything, it did not do very well down slopes, or across.
The grass is the pictures is very high quality and the cut looks nice. I find Wright decks on average leave a good cut but really don't stand out in any particular way. Depends on the grass being cut.
Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E72a_jqwZkA

LawnGuy73
05-15-2011, 04:51 AM
Yup, that's the one. Thanks for sharing it.
Posted via Mobile Device

SALCORP
05-15-2011, 12:41 PM
wright stander XXX is a complete piece of crap I was tallked into gettin one by the stander rep after i had a nightmare time with my first wright stander rapid hieghts that fell apart in my hands . last year i purchased a regular wright stander fixed deck 52 with the 23 horse kawi that machine is awsome so any way I was in the market for another machine so the stander rep tells me about the stander x so I buy one use it on the first day the tank sucked it self it machine blew flames and kept back fireing and the deck slams up and down hard I bring it back they fix it it was a recal on the breather cap on the tank but they ajust the springs on the deck to stop the slamming i take it back use it again the first day the fn wheel falls off destroys the hub and rime still back fire and the deck slams hard on un even lawns anyways i didnt want the machine anymore so finally my dealer who really helped me out took it back and i got a 2011 52 /23 fixed deck a proven machine I fell that wright rushed out the first rapid height machines and they were crap i put tons of $$ into them to keep them working crackes fram and all I also feel that wright ruched the stander x out and this will be a huge problem

nobagger
05-15-2011, 01:45 PM
I would love to get a few, our rider's with bagging unit's on them are over 8ft long total. We could knock out a ton more lawns with those but I don't know how some of you guys can get away without bagging properties, and who want's to use a side catcher having to empty it every pass if that during the spring. I guess we see local companies around here not bagging and the first few weeks look like hell....no thanks.

LawnGuy73
05-15-2011, 08:45 PM
wright stander XXX is a complete piece of crap I was tallked into gettin one by the stander rep after i had a nightmare time with my first wright stander rapid hieghts that fell apart in my hands . last year i purchased a regular wright stander fixed deck 52 with the 23 horse kawi that machine is awsome so any way I was in the market for another machine so the stander rep tells me about the stander x so I buy one use it on the first day the tank sucked it self it machine blew flames and kept back fireing and the deck slams up and down hard I bring it back they fix it it was a recal on the breather cap on the tank but they ajust the springs on the deck to stop the slamming i take it back use it again the first day the fn wheel falls off destroys the hub and rime still back fire and the deck slams hard on un even lawns anyways i didnt want the machine anymore so finally my dealer who really helped me out took it back and i got a 2011 52 /23 fixed deck a proven machine I fell that wright rushed out the first rapid height machines and they were crap i put tons of $$ into them to keep them working crackes fram and all I also feel that wright ruched the stander x out and this will be a huge problem

Yeah, I never liked the rapid height standers. I personally can't see how anyone would spent money on one of those sanders.

We still have three fixed sanders as well as these two ZK standers, I still love the fixed deck sanders as well, great machines.
Posted via Mobile Device

LawnGuy73
05-15-2011, 08:47 PM
I would love to get a few, our rider's with bagging unit's on them are over 8ft long total. We could knock out a ton more lawns with those but I don't know how some of you guys can get away without bagging properties, and who want's to use a side catcher having to empty it every pass if that during the spring. I guess we see local companies around here not bagging and the first few weeks look like hell....no thanks.

We have one property, a house that we bag every week. Otherwise we don't bag anything outside of clean UPS and new sod mowing.
Posted via Mobile Device

PTP
05-15-2011, 09:10 PM

I found your post along with your name to be a rather humorous irony. :)

LawnGuy73
05-15-2011, 09:17 PM
I found your post along with your name to be a rather humorous irony. :)

I was thinking the same thing...
Posted via Mobile Device

LawnGuy73
06-07-2011, 05:14 PM
So I'm planning on doing a full write up here on my opinion of the Stander ZK models now that we have been running them for a while. As of right now I can tell you that the machine itself is awesome. However, the cut quality sucks! The ZK decks have the same cut as the early 2000's Standers had, maybe worse.

Right now I can tell you that our 52/27 Stander ZK will be for sale shortly. I haven't decided on what to do about the 61/31 Stander ZK yet.

LawnGuy73
06-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Just to add on to this. Hopefully I will have time this weekend to put everything together and let you guys know the good, the bad, and the ugly of these machines.

rollman
06-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Any updates to this post , hows it cutting ?

delphied
06-21-2011, 11:14 PM
So I'm planning on doing a full write up here on my opinion of the Stander ZK models now that we have been running them for a while. As of right now I can tell you that the machine itself is awesome. However, the cut quality sucks! The ZK decks have the same cut as the early 2000's Standers had, maybe worse.

Right now I can tell you that our 52/27 Stander ZK will be for sale shortly. I haven't decided on what to do about the 61/31 Stander ZK yet.

ah
Glad to have found this. I was thinking about getting one but I can see they have never been able to fix their cut. Oh well. Thanks for the information.

TMlawncare
06-21-2011, 11:48 PM

You need a hover mower then. ZTR's have tires. Tires leave marks, no way around it.

TMlawncare
06-21-2011, 11:54 PM

Wow, what has changed your mind on the cut quality. Not too long ago you thought they were golden now they suck. Which is it and why?

RandallM
06-22-2011, 07:30 AM
I imagine it has something to do with the grass being a bit thicker now than earlier. I currently own a Wright Sentar and overall it does a great job, but it tends to leave a few scragglers that I have to go back and cut. If Wright ever gets their decks on par with Scag and Hustler, they will be a force to be reckoned with, but until then they will have to settle with having a well built machine with only a subpar cut at best.

LawnGuy73
06-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Wow, what has changed your mind on the cut quality. Not too long ago you thought they were golden now they suck. Which is it and why?

Yup, like I said I may have jumped the gun on praising these machines as I did. For that I am sorry.

We have been very unhappy with these machines, we have a $8500 Wright 52/27 ZK sitting in the shop that hasn't been out in three weeks because know one wants to run it.

Jimslawncareservice
06-22-2011, 09:20 AM
and they wont take it back? or buy it back? is wright doing anything to fix the problem? did you talk to jeff about it?

LawnGuy73
06-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Basically here is a quick run down of the machines.

Hold hills very well.
Comfortable to ride.

Dislikes:
Cut quality (or lack of it).
Scalps (way worse then our fixed decks).
Controls are way too "touchy" (very hard to strip strait unless you go full speed but we couldn't get a decent cut crawling).:rolleyes:
HD Air filter is a piss poor design to be on a stand up machine (we have broken two clips off of them in the short time we have been running them).
On the 52" the rear tires are way too narrow (rutting the hell out of every lawn that is a little bit damp).
And worse of all, Wright's response to the fact that a almost new ZK with brand new Scag high lift blade was leaving "mohawks"....... It needs new blades!:hammerhead:

I could keep going here with other dislikes but I really don't want to put anymore time into this. I just wanted to let people know that I wouldn't buy another one of these machine, fair warning I guess you could say. We have been running Wright products since 2001, and right now I don't know if they will be on the purchasing schedule for 2012. Reading posts on here, and by talking to my dealer yesterday there seems to be alot of dissatisfied Stander X customers out there as well. For years I have been one of the biggest "Fan Boys" of Stander, both on here and out in the field. That has now come to an end.:waving:

LawnGuy73
06-22-2011, 09:28 AM
and they wont take it back? or buy it back? is wright doing anything to fix the problem? did you talk to jeff about it?

I don't except them to, Buyer beware. But, when I express dislike or concern on here I also don't expect to hear BS reasons for the problem. Check the tire pressure, buy new blades, clean the underside of the deck, take out the baffle...

I've been doing this for over 13 years, and have been running Wright products for 10 of those 13 years. I think at this point I know what I'm doing and how to maintain a machine.:hammerhead:

Lawn Pawn
06-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Sounds like you're doing a good job of keeping cool over this, can't be easy.

Gotta work with'em and listen to some stupid talk, but hopefully it will work itself out.
We have all spent good money for a big ticket item and had similar results. Good Luck on this.

I feel your honest feedback is really helping all us little guys like me out regarding such muck-ups.

Jimslawncareservice
06-22-2011, 09:48 AM
i was going to but 2 61/31's when they came out. glad i didnt. i had the financing all approved and everything. i thought it was kinda funny the rep wasnt talking much about them even at the mn green expo.

LawnGuy73
06-22-2011, 10:11 AM
i was going to but 2 61/31's when they came out. glad i didnt. i had the financing all approved and everything. i thought it was kinda funny the rep wasnt talking much about them even at the mn green expo.

Ya, I hear you. I made the mistake of not even doing a demo on them. Bad idea!

Jimslawncareservice
06-22-2011, 10:15 AM
well it was a trusted company, who you would expext to improve its line along the way not go back 10 yesrs in time

WrightCommercial
06-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Epic lawn care,

We tried to work with you on the cut issues but did not get a lot of cooperation. We provided a list of possible causes and provided contact information but never heard from you. You asked for a list of causes again, it was provided, and then when we responded, we didn't hear back from you. Most of the time, it is blades or the tire pressures affecting pitch that cause these mohawking issues, even if it seems like BS. This forum is a great resource but direct communication is the best way to work through issues, none of your mowers appear to be registered so not having your contact information if you contact us we would be more than willing to help resolve the issue.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

TMlawncare
06-22-2011, 10:53 PM
I still have not heard what caused the change of heart about the cut. Did it all the sudden start clumping, packing the deck full, cutting uneven, whatever. Usually in the early Spring you can find the answer to all questions. The wet, thick, juicy Spring grass is the most challenging part of the year. This time of the season is cake. Like I mentioned earlier, in the Spring you were happy. Did you make changes to the machine sometime in between (i.e Scag blades).

TMlawncare
06-22-2011, 11:02 PM
I have a 61" 31hp zk. The cut is almost Exmark quality. We use OEM wright blades. No stragglers at all even in weedy, nasty lawns. The deck even does very well in wet conditions which is a total suprise to me. If you look under the zk deck at the front baffle it has tons of exposed nuts that holds it in place. Its a total debris trap. Now why does the cut lack a little to the Exmark. Well we use all 60" turf tracers and 60" lazers. The Exmark seems to have more suction under the deck to lift the grass a little better. Now I have never tried high lift blades on my Zk. After reading epics posts, maybe I don't want to. But the zk could use a little more suction/vacuum to lift up the grass a bit. Anyway that is our take so far on cut quality. Btw, we cut zoysia, turf type fescue, bluegrass and rye.

WJC
06-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Ya, I hear you. I made the mistake of not even doing a demo on them. Bad idea!

I think if you did a demo, you still would have bought the mowers because in the begining you loved them.

Oakleaf landscape
06-23-2011, 08:26 PM
I don't know what EPIC is talking about... I have a 52/27 ZK and the cut on it is top notch. Controls aren't really touch either. Maybe he's not used to running a mower that can go 15mph? And the clips on the air filter breaking? Never had that problem and iv had mine for a year. Maybe your employees don't know what they are doing? I cut tall fescue and Bermuda. Deck will scalp some but that's to be expected with a 52in deck... I would put this mower up to any other manufactures 52 in deck any day of the week...

Nes-Tech
06-23-2011, 10:03 PM
As a Wright dealer, I have been following this post. I HAD to chime in on the air filter design and placement as this is a constant issue with my users. I keep the clips by the half dozen and the rain caps in stock as well. They are always getting knocked around by branches and such. Hopefully Wright can make an adjustment somehow.

RandallM
06-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Hey Oakleaf, have you experienced any bog at all in the tall bermuda?

I don't know what EPIC is talking about... I have a 52/27 ZK and the cut on it is top notch. Controls aren't really touch either. Maybe he's not used to running a mower that can go 15mph? And the clips on the air filter breaking? Never had that problem and iv had mine for a year. Maybe your employees don't know what they are doing? I cut tall fescue and Bermuda. Deck will scalp some but that's to be expected with a 52in deck... I would put this mower up to any other manufactures 52 in deck any day of the week...

Oakleaf landscape
06-24-2011, 03:05 PM
I have on yard that has a patch of Bermuda that's over the septic system and it will bog when it's really wet when i mow it. But it's usually about 7in high and i'm cutting it to 4. This is top quality bermuda too. Nice and thick like a golf course. But this is the only spot it will bog down. I can fly through fescue that is that tall. But even though it bogs it some it will still put a clean cut on it. And if you go through it at around 7mph it won't bog at all. Only around 10-12mph will it bog.

delphied
06-24-2011, 09:21 PM
How does the cut compare to a Toro Turboforce because I kinda like my Grandstand cut compared to my Exmark Triton and was thinking of replacing the Triton with a ZK.

THG
06-25-2011, 12:47 PM
I have a Stander X and like Oakleaf, I am not having any problems with the cut quality at all. We use Scag riders and have this one Stander and the cut is just as good as the Velocity deck so far.

DuallyVette
08-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Two years ago I demoed a 52/27 ZK I put double gator blades on it, while cutting tall fescue that was growing rapidly in the Spring. , I liked it and I bought a 61/31 ZK. It's a 1200 lb gorilla that is as agile as chimpanzee. I put double gator blades on the 31/61 for the Spring and went to one set of Gators during the summer. It cuts smooth as glass. The biggest problem I see, is if you want to cut weeds or Bermuda really short. I usually mow with the deck in the 4.75 or 4.5 position. One large weedy lawn we mow at 3.75. If you want to mow lower than that, you would need a narrower deck. The ZK 31/61 is great on large well established lawns, but it's too heavy for more delicate, shady smalled lawns. I was thinking of selling it and getting the "X" to save 300 lbs.

I know that this is a 2 month old conversation, but I wanted to add my 2 cents

drenchedlawn
08-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Good thread next year it was between Toro Grandstand or Wright. I'm buying 2 units and am leaning toward GS. They are pretty quick to address issues and their product line improves quickly from user problems, very quick to address and fix in the new years models from what I can tell.

lawnprosteveo
08-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Wow! Looks great! I guess that answers the old debate of "how well do Wright Standers cut"... I like my Toro Grandstand, but with a few issues Ive had to deal with, I think next time I will choose the Wright.

nepatsfan
08-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Good thread next year it was between Toro Grandstand or Wright. I'm buying 2 units and am leaning toward GS. They are pretty quick to address issues and their product line improves quickly from user problems, very quick to address and fix in the new years models from what I can tell.

Dont lean toward the grandstand.....RUN to the grandstand. We bought a 52/23 stander fixed deck this may. The cut quality is terrible. Have tried everything. It is a poorly designed deck, that's all. The rest of the machine is great. Unfortunatley the cut is what is most important to me.

At the beginning of the year they guy who ran this machine for me asked if he could take out the 2001 48" bobcat belt drive walk behind instead of the stander. I said, you guys will take forever with that mower. He said, it might be slower to cut with it but at least I dont have to cut everything twice. I mean the guy would rather walk behind a mower than stand on a brand new stander with less than 50 hours at the time. Last wright I will ever buy.

We have an everride scorpion also among others but as a comparison stander to stander. The wright is more comfortable, better on hills, faster, but just doesn't cut nearly as well(stripes better but cut quality is far worse).
Isn't cut quality what this business is all about?

FastMan
08-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Just to add another opinion into the mix, I demoed the ZK and loved everything about it except the cut. In the grass and conditions I have to deal with it wasn't in the same league as the Toro turbo force, which I ended up buying and am thoroughly pleased with. The turbo force just rips through tall grass, leaving very few stragglers that need a second cut. The ZK left a total mess, stragglers all over the place. The turbo force cut looks better after 1 pass than the ZK looks after 2.

JayRent
08-29-2011, 01:42 PM
I have a 48" Stander X and have zero issues with cut quality.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cooter
08-29-2011, 01:47 PM
I have a 48" Stander X and have zero issues with cut quality.
Posted via Mobile Device

Show us some pics of the types of grass and properties you are cutting.
Posted via Mobile Device

zmowingmaster
09-22-2011, 10:58 AM
The original is the best.
I have a 52/23 fixed deck wright.almost every trailer in the area has a wright FIXED deck on it.Yes they might have some clumping issues,but so do exmarks,toros,scags... in wet thick grass.ME and and my other landscaper buddies ran almost every brand.THEY ALL CLUMP GRASS in real thick wet conditions.
People need to understand that wright standers should not be compared to ZTRs' cut quality.THEY are compact machines..which means compact deck.
compact decks clump grass,due to the lack of room between the blades and the deck.
My super old 36" wb scag,runs circles around the wright stander in wet conditions.but I would never bad mouth wright for that,because the wb deck has more volume,which gives the grass plenty of room to be dispersed.
I love my stander,but also hope that wright would address the issue of cut quality rather than focusing on making the total mower a compact one.
I am not an engineer,even though I hold two A.S. degrees in civil and electronics engineering.But if I worked at wright manf. ,I would
-give the deck more room between the blades and upper side of deck.
-lower the blades torque,yes lower it.
-increase the volume of the discharge opening.
-create and escape vent right around the mid front scalp wheels.
-redirect the air to the discharge,to help as a blower for the clippings.
-move the left blade and inch forward.
Sorry for the long post.

Toro 44
06-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Epic lawn care,

We tried to work with you on the cut issues but did not get a lot of cooperation. We provided a list of possible causes and provided contact information but never heard from you. You asked for a list of causes again, it was provided, and then when we responded, we didn't hear back from you. Most of the time, it is blades or the tire pressures affecting pitch that cause these mohawking issues, even if it seems like BS. This forum is a great resource but direct communication is the best way to work through issues, none of your mowers appear to be registered so not having your contact information if you contact us we would be more than willing to help resolve the issue.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

I can personally attest to the truthfulness of this statement (the bold part). Last year I was having a lot of cut quality issues. It all got better when I checked and adjusted my deck pitch. I had tinkered with it earlier in the spring. I took me a while to realize that was when all my problems started. Now the deck is set 3/8 - 1/2" higher in the back end, and what a difference it made.
Overall, I really like my ZK. I have the 61 31. Over 1,000 hours on it now.

Mahoney3223
06-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Scag VRIDE blows away a grandstand any day of the week. I've demoed both and i ended up buying a vride and will get another soon. it stripes awesome, holds hills better than the GS and blows through tall grass without double cutting.

alec1910
06-15-2012, 03:01 AM
I can personally attest to the truthfulness of this statement (the bold part). Last year I was having a lot of cut quality issues. It all got better when I checked and adjusted my deck pitch. I had tinkered with it earlier in the spring. I took me a while to realize that was when all my problems started. Now the deck is set 3/8 - 1/2" higher in the back end, and what a difference it made.
Overall, I really like my ZK. I have the 61 31. Over 1,000 hours on it now.

Hi I'm wondering if I should purchase an 09 Wright Stander ZK 52 inch 31 horse for $3500. It has 1400 hours, starts right up, hydros are VERY responsive, and I haven't seen any issues with it. Cuts awesome as well, and am just wanting to know what I should look for when going to see the mower again. I want to know everything I should check on for problems, like going under the deck and moving the spindles to see if they move, or give. Please give me a bunch of feedback, I'm not experienced with equipment as much. Also, should I buy it! Thanks!