PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Mower Suggestions?

drewskee032
05-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Hey guys,

Last year I mowed about 20 lawns a week and used an eXmark Turf Tracer HP (48"). This year, I'm already at 30. So, I'm thinking that I will purchase another mower as a back up. I have two brothers that are going to help me. One would mow with me and the other would weed-whip. The problem is that all of my customers live on hills. So, I need a backup mower that works well on hills (the reason why I bought my Turf Tracer). I really can't afford to spend any more than $4,000. Any suggestions on a mower I should purchase? Any type of mower I should specifically stay away from? Like, should I only be looking at walk behinds, or would I be safe with getting a ZTR?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Drew

ProStreetCamaro
05-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Hills = walk behind. 3 guys to do 30 lawns a week? You should be able to do that by yourself unless they are all big. If everything is hilly I would want a hydro walk behind but i dont think you are going to find a new one for $4000 or less.

Right this second I am taking care of 70 lawns a week by myself but my lawns are in groups and my daily route is no more than 15 to 20 miles a day.

drewskee032
05-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Ha, the difference is this is only part time for me. I'm a freshmen college student and am already pretty busy. My brothers are high school students and cover for me during the fall and spring.

But yeah, I was definitely thinking a hydro walk behind. I absolutely love my eXmark Turf Tracer Hp. Do you think I could get away with a 48" fixed deck? Maybe the eXmark viking?

Thanks
Drew

FuturePilot4u
05-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Put 500-1000 and fix up ur tthp...if u maintain things properly you don't need another mower.
Posted via Mobile Device