PDA

View Full Version : Question For Septic Guys

dozerman21
05-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Can you guys give me some numbers for what it cost, materials only, to install a typical septic system that includes all the pipe, septic tank, dosing tank, distribution box, and all necessary aggregate and misc. expenses? There is also a mandatory perimeter drain.

Also, for anyone who installs mound systems (which I'm not familiar with), what is an average or ballpark price to build one of those, materials only, and how much sand and stone do you typically bring in?

I know materials, especially aggregate, varies from region to region. I'm just trying to get some average prices on cost.

ksss
05-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Average system here with infiltrators (Plus 4's) D box and 1500 gallon tank. ABS pipe, D box and infiltrators are about $800. 1500 gal tank is $1000 that is all there is for basic systems here. The number of infiltrators depends on number of bedrooms. They cost about $22.00 a piece.

AWJ Services
05-10-2011, 08:32 AM
1000 gallon tank 650.00
1500 gallon tank 800.00
Dosing tank 700.00

Ez flow or Infiltrator chamber will run about 6.00 a foot material cost.
D boxes around 40-70 dollars
On gravel we use a 3 foot trench with 12 inches of gravel which is about 15 tons per 100ft of drainfield.

On the perimeter drain here it has to be depper than the drainfields deepest point and the aggregate has to be filled inside the trench to a height higher than the top of the aggregate in the drainfield. I usually figure about 12 inches below grade.

Never done a mound system but they are pretty straight forward. Just need to have some general design critera and figure materials.

dozerman21
05-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Thanks!:drinkup:

bobcat_ron
05-11-2011, 12:37 AM
FYI, all the "legal" treatment type septic fields here are failing after 10 years due to the lack of worms. All of a sudden the "illegal" Saturday specials I used to do look better and last longer.
Posted via Mobile Device

dozerman21
05-11-2011, 12:51 AM
FYI, all the "legal" treatment type septic fields here are failing after 10 years due to the lack of worms. All of a sudden the "illegal" Saturday specials I used to do look better and last longer.
Posted via Mobile Device

The rural areas around here that aren't on sewers have become much more strict on septic installs. Perimeter drains are almost mandatory and dosing tanks are very common. The inspections are very intricate too.

AWJ Services
05-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

The need for more exotic treatment systems often has nothing to do with making them last longer just the need to properly clean the effluent before it is allowed into the watershed.

bearmtnmartin
05-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

FYI, you need to bone up on septic fields Ron. All I do is install onsite waste disposal systems. About 90 per cent of them are secondary treatment, including sand mounds. I offer a very long guarantee for a system with secondary treatment and a data logging panel. I do not guarantee the conventional systems because they are designed to and will eventually fail. Worms don't have a lot to do with it.

For the record, I charge about $7000.00 to $10,000.00 for a conventional field with a 1000 to 1500 gallon tank and about 200 feet of 3 foot wide chambers. Sand mounds are about double that. But then I have charged as much as $39,000.00 for a 3 bedroom house after an engineer got involved.......

bobcat_ron
05-12-2011, 09:58 AM
FYI, you need to bone up on septic fields Ron. All I do is install onsite waste disposal systems. About 90 per cent of them are secondary treatment, including sand mounds. I offer a very long guarantee for a system with secondary treatment and a data logging panel. I do not guarantee the conventional systems because they are designed to and will eventually fail. Worms don't have a lot to do with it.

For the record, I charge about $7000.00 to $10,000.00 for a conventional field with a 1000 to 1500 gallon tank and about 200 feet of 3 foot wide chambers. Sand mounds are about double that. But then I have charged as much as $39,000.00 for a 3 bedroom house after an engineer got involved.......

Myabe you are doing something new or it's the soils you are working with, but McRae's Septic Sucking Services has done complete clean out and flush of all lines and even our municipal inspectors are telling us that "there are other methods", one solution was to use a hot water heater to keep the water in the 2 effluent tanks warm enough for the bacteria to work, that's just insane.