PDA

View Full Version : suggestions thread

UfoPilot
05-10-2011, 03:22 AM
What do you wish Wright would add to their mowers?

Here's one,
Teflon coat the under side of the deck.

UfoPilot
05-10-2011, 11:25 AM
22 views and no ideas?

How about a hook for a debris bag.

UfoPilot
05-10-2011, 02:01 PM
12 volt power outlet for my phone or iPod?

UfoPilot
05-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Rub strips on the mower decks or that spray on bed liner stuff.

UfoPilot
05-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Stainless steel nuts and bolts.

UfoPilot
05-14-2011, 06:57 PM
CHROME THE MUFFLER COVER!
:weightlifter:

wright5223
05-24-2011, 10:06 PM
I told bill wright 2 yrs ago at GIE to please put a clear strip down the gas tank or a gas gauge in the cap

UfoPilot
05-25-2011, 03:01 AM
The gas gages do need to be better, How about a tachometer?

UfoPilot
05-26-2011, 09:59 PM
How about a nice sun shade canopy.

WrightCommercial
05-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Wow, lots of great suggestions! Thanks for the input. Information from our customers is an extremely valuable tool for us so we are grateful for your suggestions!

Regards,

Wright Manufacturing, Inc.

UfoPilot
06-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Stainless steel exhaust and muffler.

LawnGuy73
06-07-2011, 06:09 PM
How about a deck that can cut grass without leaving two "mowhawk" strips between the blades........

UfoPilot
06-08-2011, 03:17 AM
I haven't had that problem so far, I did break a deck hanger though.

WrightCommercial
06-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Epic lawn care,

There are a few common causes to the mowhawks between the blades. If the blades have been sharpened to the point where the tip is rounded it will cause the mowhawk because it has reduced the overlap of the blades. If the rear tire pressures have been lowered and the deck pitch not readjusted the mower deck can be flat or even negatively pitched with the operator on the mower. Sometimes if the spring growth is really heavy the deck baffle needs to be removed to open up the deck to allow greater material flow.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

XLS
06-08-2011, 01:55 PM
How about a 72'' deck ?????????????????????? I got a hold of one years ago and now cant get them I am not sure it was ever produced but i got a scraped one and re worked it , wish we had only them in 72''

XLS
06-08-2011, 01:56 PM
standard factory installed lights????? i am not sure if they even offer them but i know we added them on (lights from a auto store) and every 3 months they go out ....

WrightCommercial
06-08-2011, 02:37 PM
XLS,

The 72" is close our hold up now is what engine to put on the unit, our testers ran the 31hp without issue but not sure that will be enough engine for most users. I believe the prototype had a 37hp, how is it running? For the lights you want to watch how many amps the lights require as they may be drawing too much, or is it the bulbs just fail?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

WrightCommercial
06-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Epic lawn care,

If you want more detail on the potential causes of your ZK cut quality feel free to call us, 301-360-9810.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

LawnGuy73
06-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Epic lawn care,

If you want more detail on the potential causes of your ZK cut quality feel free to call us, 301-360-9810.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

It would ne nice if you could write those causes here.

It sounds like a pretty common problem with all of your mowers right now. There are several recent posts about the cut quality of the X, Stander, and the ZK.

For us, we have been running your products exclusively for almost 12 years. We have clean decks, I just spent nearly $300 on Scag hi lifts for this problem, we checked the tire pressure, the belts are tight and in good shape, and so on...
Posted via Mobile Device

UfoPilot
06-08-2011, 10:44 PM
XLS,

The 72" is close our hold up now is what engine to put on the unit, our testers ran the 31hp without issue but not sure that will be enough engine for most users. I believe the prototype had a 37hp, how is it running? For the lights you want to watch how many amps the lights require as they may be drawing too much, or is it the bulbs just fail?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Bigger is ALWAYS better. Put a 40hp on that puppy...:weightlifter:

XLS
06-08-2011, 11:07 PM
I assume the light failing issues are more along the lines of the shock damaging the bulbs . its not a hard fix but it gets aggervating when you mow all day and only one comes on I also noticed on the ones we use if the bulb is hot (45 minutes in to mowing and you bump it with your hand or anything they will shoot and have to be replaced. I understand these are not a factory light system and that could be part of my problem .....i like factory install lights

WrightCommercial
06-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Epic lawn care,

Are you running the stock tire pressures? Does the deck still have 1/4" pitch? Do the throttle cables have the tension adjustment or are they the version where the lever is riveted? The FX engines have strong throttle springs and the rivet type cable can get pulled back during use causing a drop in RPM and blade tip speed. Have the engine RPM's been checked? Have you tried running them without the baffle? In the Midwest especially, in the spring some users remove the baffle in the deck to open up the cutter deck to better handle the material load. From your past post when you first got the mowers there didn't appear to be a cut issue, at what point did the cut start to change?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

UfoPilot
06-09-2011, 06:39 PM
HOw about posting pictures of the lights. I'd like to see what they look like.

XLS
06-10-2011, 12:31 AM
ufo if that was directed at me .....they are simply cheap 4''x5'' fog lights avalible at any auto store that comes with a toggle switch . they cost $40.00 or so they have halogen replacable bulbs so its not a replacement of the system just a press in bulb . I cant post the pics becasue honestly i think the actual unit is about 80 miles away at a branch so it would be the 4th of july i guess before i would see the unit for fluid changes. If it comes in sooner ill get them though. If it wasnt directed at me my bad

Forever Green Landscaping
06-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Try LED's More expensive but you shouldn't have a problem with bulbs. The major reason I would heavily consider not buying a Wright stand on unit is maintenance. It is a pain to change filters, belts and get to anything inside because it is so compact. If all filters and all were located on the edge of the machine it would be a different story. Another problem is going down on a hill at an angle a wheel will lock up and slide causing damage to turf.

slqlc
06-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Gas guages on both tanks would be nice, not just one, but for now i think ill be fine just using the tank without the guage first then switching over.

UfoPilot
07-08-2011, 04:17 PM
get rid of the bars connecting the pumps to the handles and replace them with cables.

pugs
07-08-2011, 05:50 PM
get rid of the bars connecting the pumps to the handles and replace them with cables.

Bad idea....

WrightCommercial
07-08-2011, 05:55 PM
UfoPilot,

We used those on the first generations of our full size Sentars and they didn't hold up well. If you didn't notice that the debris guard slipped and dirt gets in the cables they are done. Also if their adjustment gets out they are hard to get back to the factory set. The bars have been used since the first fixed deck Standers were built.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

GQLL
07-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Are you going to offer the new decks on the zk or they just going to stay on the stander x

KC lawn guy
10-15-2011, 02:27 PM
a striping kit? and not the type that hangs off the back of the mower, you will get that caught on things