PDA

View Full Version : Blacktop Removal Pricing

wanabe
05-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Looking at a job(850 sq. ft) of blacktop to be removed. I believe its about 3 inches thick, and is broken up pretty good. 2 tandem loads im guessing? What kind of price are you guys charging for this? Im at $2.00 sq for concrete removal, but this lone looks like my T300 and tooth bucket will take it up. Thanks

Kepple Services
05-11-2011, 07:25 PM
asphalt is simple to remove... just have a bucket and scoop it up... 850 feet is a bit more than a tandem can do in one load.. a tri axle may be able to get it all...

$2 a foot? Wow.. That nice, I get .75 a square, and get underbid a lot...

ACC_INC.
05-11-2011, 07:35 PM
He did say 2 tandem loads.

Probably close to 40k lbs in asphalt.

$2.00 per sq is fair, but you will probably be high. Getting 1 per for asphalt and concrete now. Sucks and can't make anything on under 1000 sq ft.
Posted via Mobile Device

wanabe
05-11-2011, 09:19 PM
$2.00 is where im at for concrete removal, up to 6 inches thick. Im not going to destroy my bucket/machine/myself for nothing. I once bid a cheep price on concrete removal and was taken to school on that job. Never again will I do that! Anyway, what kind of price am I looking at for the blacktop removal? $1 a square? Tandem is $65 per hour, free dumpsite. Thanks

BillyRgn
05-12-2011, 08:01 PM
I'd probably shoot for 1.50 per sqft. But I find on the smaller ones, like ACC said under 1000 sqft is tough to make money on. You may be better off figuring your cost and then adding on what you would like to come away with. As far as the T300 go's you will make easy work of it as long as it is not the first time you have run one. There are several company's in my area who only do asphalt, and all they have are skid steers. One of my buddy's rips everyday in a jd 250 with a toothed bucket which is a must.
Posted via Mobile Device