PDA

View Full Version : 58 lawns

tjlco
05-11-2011, 07:47 PM
we did 58 lawns today, I am pooped...lol, guess summer is here, lawns are growing, soon its gonna rain every day at 300....yay....lol

fobaum
05-11-2011, 09:00 PM
58 in one day..How many men on crew?

tjlco
05-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Today I had 3... well 4 counting me
Posted via Mobile Device

punt66
05-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Today I had 3... well 4 counting me
Posted via Mobile Device

I call a big BS on this one unless its a condo complex.

zturncutter
05-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Did 28 this morning by myself, mobile home props in a park, so what :laugh::sleeping:

tjlco
05-11-2011, 09:53 PM
I call a big BS on this one unless its a condo complex.

lol, I see your from well not florida...one of the few ways to make any money mowing, is this way. I actually have 68 in this development(its not a condo complex). Small properties though. Most lawns are 6-10k square feet, at best. Ask any of the florida guys, they'll back me up. Our average day is anywhere between 45-65 lawns, or else we are working Saturday. Anytime you are visiting FL look let me know. I'd be happy to take you out for a day.

tjlco
05-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Did 28 this morning by myself, mobile home props in a park, so what :laugh::sleeping:

I lost the bid on a mobile home property last year..I had never bid on anything like that before, and was about double everyone else. Lesson learned for next year I suppose

punt66
05-11-2011, 09:59 PM
lol, I see your from well not florida...one of the few ways to make any money mowing, is this way. I actually have 68 in this development(its not a condo complex). Small properties though. Most lawns are 6-10k square feet, at best. Ask any of the florida guys, they'll back me up. Our average day is anywhere between 45-65 lawns, or else we are working Saturday. Anytime you are visiting FL look let me know. I'd be happy to take you out for a day.

I have a condo in Naples. I am well aware. So yes, it was town houses. For example. If you were to do 58 lawns at 20min each including travel time it would take 19 hours.

tjlco
05-11-2011, 10:10 PM
No windsheild time for us today, well 5 minutes to get from shop to where we worked. After that I can pretty much keep mowing, till lunch, the guys move the truck up as they finish. We do everything in the same order every week, so its pretty routine. Not town houses as I would consider them. They are all single family homes, all over 2k square feet I'm sure. None of these houses are connected to one another as townhomes are. They are individual properties, with one home per property. If you want google pasco county property appraiser, go to property search and type in Aukari CT, that would show you the map of the area, maybe I am not explaining right

punt66
05-12-2011, 06:24 AM
No windsheild time for us today, well 5 minutes to get from shop to where we worked. After that I can pretty much keep mowing, till lunch, the guys move the truck up as they finish. We do everything in the same order every week, so its pretty routine. Not town houses as I would consider them. They are all single family homes, all over 2k square feet I'm sure. None of these houses are connected to one another as townhomes are. They are individual properties, with one home per property. If you want google pasco county property appraiser, go to property search and type in Aukari CT, that would show you the map of the area, maybe I am not explaining right

That is what we call town houses up here. Individual homes stacked upon each other. Is there an HOA?

tjlco
05-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Yes, there is an hoa. All the developments here have hoas. But townhomes here would be 3 or four homes built together physically. Even some of my bigger lawns, are in a development with an hoa.
Posted via Mobile Device

nobagger
05-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Town houses count as 1,lol. If they didn't then on Friday's we mow almost 70 lawn's.

punt66
05-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Yes, there is an hoa. All the developments here have hoas. But townhomes here would be 3 or four homes built together physically. Even some of my bigger lawns, are in a development with an hoa.
Posted via Mobile Device

are you paid by the hoa?

tjlco
05-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Nope, each customer gets there own bill, I only have 68 in this community, there are other lco's in there as well. I just happen to have the most lawns in there
Posted via Mobile Device

punt66
05-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Nope, each customer gets there own bill, I only have 68 in this community, there are other lco's in there as well. I just happen to have the most lawns in there
Posted via Mobile Device

if you dont mind me asking, what do you get per lawn in a development like that in FL?

tjlco
05-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Mostly 50-60 per month, mow n go. Then charge out the but for the extras.. lol. The other day my customer gave me a flyer he got in door, 39.00 a month... so that's what we compete with.. we base that on 35-40. Cuts per year, but I try to stay around 35 per year. Sometimes I wish I lived up north where you guys can get 50 per cut, and plow. We get paid year round though so winter we do good
Posted via Mobile Device

South Florida Lawns
05-13-2011, 11:38 PM
Hey thats awesome my friend! I got a neighborhood that we do the association and all the houses in it. Its nice to park for part of the day and just go to town knock out a bunch and not be on the road or in traffic.

I would only do mobile home parks if they are nice, most are dust bowels around us and I don't want my name on something that looks bad.

300 accounts is pretty good is that with one truck?

tjlco
05-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Yeah, it was. I'm down to around 240. I work in different areas each day, but try in stay in that same area once we get there
Posted via Mobile Device