PDA

View Full Version : I need more jobs like this one:-) very rare to get

FLAhaulboy
05-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Had a older gentleman call me yesterday, asking if I was willing to drop a few oak trees on a vacant wooded area about 20 ft from his two story home. He just wanted me to put em on the ground, not cut em up. So, I went by today. Three of the oaks were about 15" diameter & leaning away from the house, three lil oaks under 7". I quoted him $110 & told him I would assume NO liability whatsoever if the trees were to fall back on the house etc, he said no problem. I cut all of them down in about 10 mins (with my Stihl 066) & even cut some of the logs up a bit. He paid me the 110 & gave me a $50 tip! $160 for ten mins work, boy he must of wanted those trees cut down bad:clapping: Just another rich client willing to give out extra $...MY favorite kind of customer!

Then a neighbor came out & wants me to trim her trees tomorrow :clapping: again!

bug-guy
05-12-2011, 07:19 AM
you cut trees on a vacant lot... hope that was owned my your customer!!

fl-landscapes
05-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Had a older gentleman call me yesterday, asking if I was willing to drop a few oak trees on a vacant wooded area about 20 ft from his two story home. He just wanted me to put em on the ground, not cut em up. So, I went by today. Three of the oaks were about 15" diameter & leaning away from the house, three lil oaks under 7". I quoted him $110 & told him I would assume NO liability whatsoever if the trees were to fall back on the house etc, he said no problem. I cut all of them down in about 10 mins (with my Stihl 066) & even cut some of the logs up a bit. He paid me the 110 & gave me a $50 tip! $160 for ten mins work, boy he must of wanted those trees cut down bad:clapping: Just another rich client willing to give out extra $...MY favorite kind of customer!

Then a neighbor came out & wants me to trim her trees tomorrow :clapping: again!

better be careful trying to waive liability. You and your customer can say or agree to whatever you want. The insurance company WILL come after you if you drop a tree on a house. Insurance policy with proper tree coverage or you personally would be their target.

the_bug_guy
05-12-2011, 01:09 PM
u got workmans comp for a tree service? pretty expensive unless u dont have insurance

KINGMADE
05-12-2011, 01:36 PM
u got workmans comp for a tree service? pretty expensive unless u dont have insurance

If he is a one man crew, I do not think he needs it. Back in the day in Georgia atleast, you did not have to have workers comp till you got above 3 employees. Yeah I understand he is not in Georgia.

Ric
05-12-2011, 02:01 PM
If he is a one man crew, I do not think he needs it. Back in the day in Georgia atleast, you did not have to have workers comp till you got above 3 employees. Yeah I understand he is not in Georgia.

King

Florida's workers comp is the same as Georgia in the fact 3 employees and under doesn't require Workers Comp. BTW the Owner counts as an Employee. 7 years ago when I last had employees workers Comps comp was 12.3% Mowing worker and 12.9% landscape install or irrigation. Any time you put a shovel in the ground the rates go up. Today I am told Workers comp has dropped to 4.3% for Landscape install workers.